Quantcast

How Splat, Narlus, and HAB celebrated their Easter together

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
6 injured when ATV crashes over cliff

By Hannah McBride, Globe Correspondent | April 5, 2010

Six people were injured after the all-terrain vehicle they were riding in tumbled over a 700-foot cliff in South Hadley early yesterday morning, a fire official said.

The riders, five men and one woman, all between the ages of 28 and 30, were thrown off the ATV after they drove off the cliff in Skinner State Park, said Chief David Keefe, head of South Hadley’s District 2.

Firefighters received a call at 2:22 Easter morning from Boston resident Keith Simpson, one of the riders, who made his way out of the woods to call for help.

Police, firefighters, and emergency response crews organized a 55-person team from several surrounding communities to rescue the victims, who had to be pulled back up the cliff with ropes because there was no access for rescue crews from the bottom of the steep drop.

“It’s all jagged rocks all the way down and in total darkness. Just getting to where they were was a major task,’’ Keefe said.

Four of the victims had critical injuries, including a head injury and puncture wounds, and were taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield. Two victims with minor injuries were taken to Holyoke Medical Center. All were expected to recover.

Keefe said area residents often go to the park for views of the Connecticut River.

“They were probably just out enjoying the evening,’’ he said. “The view up there on a clear night is probably very exceptional.’’

Officials are investigating whether alcohol was involved in the accident, Keefe said, but drugs were not involved.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
:rofl:

I'm not really sure what I've ever admitted to on here that would tie me to that, but, uh, ok. :D