Quantcast

How tall is the average WC racer?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
I was watching the Santa Cruz test vids with Peaty and Minnar on vital. They talked about sizing and things and that they could just about ride the same size frame, and that go me thinking. I knew both were rather tall but how tall are most guys on the WC. Did a quick search and could only fine those two and the athertons and the 4 of them are all between 6' 1" and 6' 4". Is this a pretty average sampling of the top WC racers?

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
The Syndicate are all pretty tall. Not Giants or anything but over 6 feet. Gee is average height.
I couldnt believe how small Danny Heart was when I met him.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I'm 6'1" and I remember Aaron Gwin being several inches shorter when I met him. Maybe 5'9" give or take an inch.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Ben Cathro is huge he is 6'6"
Peaty is 6'3''
Minnaar is 6'2''
Bryceland is 6'1''

Last edited:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Doesn't Peaty have custom bikes made for him because he's so tall? I think its weird they do that but don't sell them. Companies make XL cross country bikes but they stop at large for DH.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
he got a custom orange because he was too big for them, im not too sure about the v10

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Around here. a guy like Herndon is a freak of nature in terms of height, but he also applied himself to gain lots of muscle a few years back. Geritt and him have been training together with Carmichael Training Systems here in Asheville (I should get a free session for plugging that company). But are completely different body types with Herndon being crazy tall and Geritt being pretty powerful. It would be interesting to hear one of those two weigh in on what kind of strength/power/explosiveness tests or data that different body types are capable of.

Rennie told me one time that Kovarik had the worst power output measured at their Olympic training center of anybody on their Worlds team. He's about 6' and has calves that have their own zip codes. :D