Quantcast

How the hell does Zed spell "Z?!"

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
If you ever see me, you'd understand. I'm pretty repulsive :p

and H8R, thanks for the definition, I already looked it up during the game, and it cost me a turn! :mumble:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BigMike said:
If you ever see me, you'd understand. I'm pretty repulsive :p

and H8R, thanks for the definition, I already looked it up during the game, and it cost me a turn! :mumble:
You got pwn3d.

She apparently knows the Scrabble clincher words. Be careful.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
H8R said:
You got pwn3d.

She apparently knows the Scrabble clincher words. Be careful.

Yeah, she definantly does! She's started to pull out Q words with no U!

The only one I knew was Qaid, and thats only because I was looking somthing else up and came across it!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Changleen said:
Zed is how we say it non-US English speaking countries.
Non-US English? you mean there are other kinds? ;)

Thats actually pretty interesting. I did not know that. Are there any other letters you pronounce differently? The Z still makes the same sound right? or is it like a different dialect or somthing?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It is the proper way, according to the Commonwealth.

Words like Left-tenant, alu-min-ium, and guvnor are the correct prounciation outside america.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Zed is the only phonetically different letter AFAIK. In you ABCs most of us end up with ecks, why, zed rather than ecks, why, zee. Doesn't really change how we pronounce stuff other than what you've ****ed up already.

You guys have pretty much slaughtered the English language appart from that. There are rules! And you've ignored most of them. ****ers. Is it really that hard to remember to use the letter U?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
Words like Left-tenant, alu-min-ium, and guvnor are the correct prounciation outside america.
Aluminium is the original proper spelling.

What I heard is that long ago, when aluminium was first being imported into the states, a bill of lading was incorrectly spelled "aluminum", and it stuck.

I dunno, could happen.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BigMike said:
There are rules in our language? Not in America, we don't need no stinkin rules!
That's the attitude that gave us the Pinkbike and SB kids and the word "pwn3d!!111".