Quantcast

how to change my jump

MonK-E

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
France
Hi, im new here and im just about to start mountain biking again after 5 years. Hopfully ill have a nice new P.2 within the next month or so.

I all ready have a motocross jump in my garden and want to chage it in to a mtb jump. Is there any chance any one could photoshop this pic to
show me a good transition and measurments to start with or any tips to help me get it started would be great.

Cheers for the help in advance :thumb:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm assuming the landing is off to the right of the jump where it's out of the picture. If so, you want to make it about 1/4 to 1/2 as long (depending on where the landing really is) and make the lip a little steeper. It's kinda hard to judge from the picture but that should do it for you.

MonK-E

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
France
well its about 40ft long now so i need to shorten it to about 10ft.
how high should it be ruffly?

cheers

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea instead of making one jump, make 2. take ryan/kona's picture, and where you want the landing for the first lip to be, dig out a big U shaped hole, piling half the dirt before the U to make the first jump, and the other half of the dirt after the U to make a second jump. You have all that dirt so they'll be table tops, with no pit in between. so theres no worries about casing or falling in between the take off and landing.

try making it 3 or 4 ft tall. That would be a pretty fun table top

MonK-E

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
France
Thanks for the help. its about 4ft at the mo, so it seems like im just going to have to do allot of reshaping. I might be able to make 3 table tops out of the old jump :thumb:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
MonK-E said:
Thanks for the help. its about 4ft at the mo, so it seems like im just going to have to do allot of reshaping. I might be able to make 3 table tops out of the old jump :thumb:
Cool, yeah, or you could make some berms or whoops or something else too!