Quantcast

How to destroy your skis in only one run...

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
Can't blame'em, there's still no snow this year. Going on a trip next week(Alps) and I'm just hoping they are still renting some DH bikes

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
The western NC slopes have been open off and on the last few weeks, but since I didn't get a pass this year I've only been out once. Hopefully I'll be in New Zealand by the end of February though! Definitely bringing/buying a board down there.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The western NC slopes have been open off and on the last few weeks, but since I didn't get a pass this year I've only been out once. Hopefully I'll be in New Zealand by the end of February though! Definitely bringing/buying a board down there.
Seasons are reversed down there...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Despite low base numbers and not tons of terrain available, Copper Mountain was skiing surprisingly good the last couple days. :cool:
Don't get me interested. Watching this snow come down in Denver has made me want to get up to the mountain, but I don't want to put away the road bike just yet.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Loveland has a decent bit but it is Loveland.

Looks like I will be waiting until January when I get back home for work to get some turns in.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
There is that.

January is generally when things get "adequate"... it's kinda a shame the season is so short out here. :D
The first year I moved out here, I was riding amazing powder at the beginning of Nov. I demand that now. I leave this weekend and am not back until Jan 2nd.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Well if you're leaving next weekend it's likely to start snowing heavily next Monday. January will be dry. :D
So I noticed. It is snowing hard right now in Denver, but I am too broke to go up this week, then I will be in Tucson, Japan and then VT for xmas. While I am gone I know the best snow will be on the mountains.