Quantcast

How to find a college?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok I'm trying to figure out a way to do a search for a college that offers online courses in a particular major.

Does anybody have any experience doing this type of search?

NOTE: Google gives way to broad a response.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
did you google with "site:.edu" in your search string?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
That is just the extension for educational institutions and such. It will return .edu's rather than stuff telling you about classes and stuff. What exactly are you looking for?

Try www.princetonreview.com . You have to sign up and create a user name and stuff, but it will allow you to browse for what you are looking for.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
That is just the extension for educational institutions and such. It will return .edu's rather than stuff telling you about classes and stuff. What exactly are you looking for?

Try www.princetonreview.com . You have to sign up and create a user name and stuff, but it will allow you to browse for what you are looking for.
I think my search is hopeless.........

todbanner

Chimp
Mar 7, 2005
robdamanii said:
Cali stinks. Too expensive and too many valley girls.

No no no you're thinking of SOCAL... don't lump us all in together... NORCAL is where it's at!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Look for the statistics regarding freshmen girls dorms and cross reference that with alcohol consumption and purchases from local grocery stores.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
Theres a yellow softcover totled "colleges in new england" it was a big help to me. has everything you need to know including girl:guy and classes/majors offered.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
For architecture or engineering, you'll probably be better off finding somewhere local or somewhere you can move to that has physical people and help you can get.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
odiwik said:
For architecture or engineering, you'll probably be better off finding somewhere local or somewhere you can move to that has physical people and help you can get.
Yeah I would love a college where I could go to night school full time for Arch. There aren't many places that offer that though.