Quantcast

how to increase soldier suicides

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Exactly how the fvck is the threat of jail time going to change someones mind? That's horrible. :(
Did you miss the part about this being the military who is considering this?

I thought this was going to be about the women in combat lawsuit. :(

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Exactly how the fvck is the threat of jail time going to change someones mind? That's horrible. :(
It might prevent someone who was going to attempt it. Some people do it half-assed as a call for help. The thought of ridicule and jail time might have them ask in a more sensible way.

But if you're really bent on it, nothing will stop you.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How about we implement foreign policy that doesn't require us send troops into utter ****holes that turn into un-winable quagmires.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How about we implement foreign policy that doesn't require us send troops into utter ****holes that turn into un-winable quagmires.
What would we use military force for, then?

Maybe we should send troops to Navy ports rather than the desert? Thailand is fun year round.

As a side note, in the Navy you can be brought up on charges if you catch too many STD's while on deployment. Condoms are freely available in a bucket on the quarterdeck (and required to be taken with you at most if not all ports now), so not using them is by choice. Putting yourself at risk by not using one multiple times can lead to criminal charges.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Sigh...there is a side of me that has dealt with too many episodes of this nature. In my days as a young NCO, I played it off as Darwin winning in the end, one less problem I needed to deal with as I oredered troops into contact. Nowadays as a parent and SNCO I worry that my decisions may drive another persons child to make a life altering/ending decision. I would rather release someone elses child back into the civilian world before placing others children at risk because Joe Snuffy just couldn't do it...