Quantcast

How to make a new driveway/garage (car crash pics)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
One of the joys of my job is seeing really weird things.....like this. the driver claims that someone cut in front of her causing her to swerve and lose control.....but the skid marks and the 50yd path she trailblazed through the woods tell a different story. turns out she fell asleep and didn't wake up to put the brakes on until she had been off the road for about 20'.

how'd you like to wake up to this in your backyard? the homeowner was eating breakfast on the porch when the car came through the woods.

Entrance to the woods

view from the back yard

the beloved fountain kept the car from hitting the house

it must have looked like jurassic park to the lady sitting on the deck eating breakfast. i would love to have seen her face :eek:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
splat said:
So how did they get it out of there ?

How hard did she hit the house ( it looks pretty intact) ? or had she almost stoppend by then ?
she didn't actually hit the house, a large cement fountain stopped her about 1 foot before the house.

jbp---that pole took her mirror off, another few inches and she would've been really bad off.

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
There are two words in this sentence that explained everything before I even needed to read the rest of the story:

the driver claims that someone cut in front of her causing her to swerve and lose control.....
Hehehe.....I kid, I kid.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The same thing happend to my friend except it was the mail lady who did it.

They hadnt' gotten mail for like 4 or 5 days in a row and they couldn't figure out why. Not night they woke up to the sound of a car in the woods. Sure enough it was the mail lady driving thru the woods right at their house. She hit a tree just before she was able to hit the house.
All the mail for the past 4 or 5 days was in her car and she was totally $hit face drunk!!

Reminds me of the mail man from the movie FUnny farm.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's awesome.

At my old house, down the road some guy was pretty drunk and driving around, he thought someone's stone walkway to their porch was a turnoff from the highway. Drove right up the walkway, took the porch off the front of the house (he must have been going at a pretty good clip), and finally "parked" the car through the side of the house in their bathroom.

The police found and arrested the guy the next morning, drunk, about 10 miles away, walking with a bottle of hard alcohol in his hand. :monkey:

Can you imagine waking up and going to investigate the huge noise in your bathroom, only to find a car parked in there?!