Quantcast

how to pack djs

Fenner

Chimp
May 25, 2003
does anyone know any tricks when you dont have access to much water or any at all. their brand new jumps i started this week. and kind of big 5-6 ft tall 10-15 foot gaps. so its alot of dirt to pack.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Well, this isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it's what I've found to be true...

If you really want your jumps to last, they have to be packed when damp. If you don't have access to water, your best bet is to wait until it rains. Sucks, eh?

In fact, most trails get worked on the most either while or just after a good rain.

Fenner

Chimp
May 25, 2003
ive done just that usually but im impatient right now and want to ride my new jumps. thanks:think:

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
when you make you trails, build near creeks since they tend to have nice soil...then you can bucket water if need be.

I just spent 6 hours the other day building in pure clay and the **** is solid - PA has some nice dirt. I built a lip and a two part landing with a berm and it is like cement and I now have a hole large enough to make a nice kidney pool if need be....

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
Originally posted by anti-flag
a whole lot of hitting it with a shovel
Bring 2 gal. jugs of h2o... Each person can carry 2 containers... a small bag of cement to sprinkle on top if you like... and a tamper works killer. Hitting with a shovel will just break it and **** your jumps up.