Aug 27, 2002
UK
Meh.. Even with Nico riding Enduro looks absolutely rubbish on screen

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
ha ha.. Moar skids and wheelies than you

Enduro looks ****, why does this enrage you?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
He could be on a tricycle, I still love watching Nico ride. He makes the other two guys with him (one of whom is SRAM's product manager) look like stiff legged clowns. He's crazy....and he doesn't skid.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
ha ha.. Moar skids and wheelies than you

Enduro looks ****, why does this enrage you?
I never said anything about the amount of skids and wheelies Ive done, but Nico Vouilloz would ride circles around youre skids and wheelies and would look a hell of a lot better on any bike then you would.

So tell me again, why does enduro look like ****?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
no he doesnt he never skids and he only rides DW bikes and he loves evil and steve peat and maxxis tires and would never ride a 29er

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus, everyone knows nico rode bikes fast in the 90s.

Those trails he was riding in that vid made him look like a goon. Not because he's a goon, but because switchbacks are the burps and farts of the devil that defoul humanity and make even the best intentioned riders in the world look like fixie hopping homos. It's not 'enduro' it's just riding a bike down a trail built by goats running away from sabertooth tigers in two bazillion BC in prehistoric france. Long before IMBA came along and showed us how to build things like ladder bridges and teeter totters.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jesus, everyone knows nico rode bikes fast in the 90s.

Those trails he was riding in that vid made him look like a goon. Not because he's a goon, but because switchbacks are the burps and farts of the devil that defoul humanity and make even the best intentioned riders in the world look like fixie hopping homos. It's not 'enduro' it's just riding a bike down a trail built by goats running away from sabertooth tigers in two bazillion BC in prehistoric france. Long before IMBA came along and showed us how to build things like ladder bridges and teeter totters.
I was expecting the monolith from "2001" to make a cameo

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I'm just here to say that watching nico ride a bicycle is one of my most simple, yet great pleasures in life.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm not real happy about doing this but you really want to see a washed up (oops.....'retired') guy destroy some terra firma?
Wrap your head around that little bit 0:32 seconds in

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Rapid-Fire-Brian-Lopes,19924/sspomer,2

(hey at least he has his shirt on)

That beats confining a beautiful skinsuit beast like nico on some goat trail with turns so tight that even squirrels have to skid through them.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I'm not real happy about doing this but you really want to see a washed up (oops.....'retired') guy destroy some terra firma?
Wrap your head around that little bit 0:32 seconds in

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Rapid-Fire-Brian-Lopes,19924/sspomer,2

(hey at least he has his shirt on)

That beats confining a beautiful skinsuit beast like nico on some goat trail with turns so tight that even squirrels have to skid through them.
i'm not completely ashamed to admit i was in a 'lopes mood' yesterday and watched that video like 10 times in a row.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that's OBVIOUSLY sped up, you can tell because of trees, and ENDURO.

is blopes racing ENDURO this year? He's kind of a monster.

Willy Vanilly

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
San Jose
That move where he rode down the rock face instead of down the stairs next to it was pretty cool.

I don't get what he's doing at 4:42. Did he intentionally lock up the rear wheel when manualling through the rocks? (honest question)

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
That move where he rode down the rock face instead of down the stairs next to it was pretty cool.

I don't get what he's doing at 4:42. Did he intentionally lock up the rear wheel when manualling through the rocks? (honest question)
04:42 - that wheel never stops spinning.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I've ridden that trail a ton, and he is going approximately mach stupid that whole video. God damn.
The video of him riding the 2 main trails in that undisclosed location that was posted on vital a few months back always awe me. He's riding some of the roughest, fastest, steepest, most techy DH trails on his xc bike, with an xc helmet, no knee pads, and shredding it faster than a WC pro I've seen riding them in person. His bike handling skillz are just unreal.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Yeah Nicos pretty good. I guess. But..can you imagine how good he'd be on 650b?

Then he'd be holy****balls**** fast. Not just frenchguyfast.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
This "enduro" thing is goddamn stupid. It's XC descending and occasional climbing nothing more than that. Someone just decided it needed a new name to hype it.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
This "enduro" thing is goddamn stupid. It's XC descending and occasional climbing nothing more than that. Someone just decided it needed a new name to hype it.
NSS! But at the end of the day, who gives a flying feck what they call it? The cool new thing that all the bike companies are racing to design new stuff for (I admit most are just re-labelling) is having fun on a bike by riding the fun bits fast and still being able to get it done without a shuttle. Its almost like they could have called it Mountain biking.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
NSS! But at the end of the day, who gives a flying feck what they call it? The cool new thing that all the bike companies are racing to design new stuff for (I admit most are just re-labelling) is having fun on a bike by riding the fun bits fast and still being able to get it done without a shuttle. Its almost like they could have called it Mountain biking.

^^^^^^

That, srsly.