Quantcast

How was Plattekill?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
ehhhh. It was okay; I beat the living **** out of my bike and SDH did the same to his body. It rained most of the time and there was a lot of mud, too many flat pedaling sections, and a few oil-slick off camber grassy spots that were downright treacherous. The course could have been a lot more fun (i.e. steeper; I kinda wish I hadn't brought my DH bike. The rfx would be more than enough).

I had a fun time as a 1st-time Plattekill experience (drank a LOT of PBR and hung with some serious "locals") but had a pretty sh*tty race run due to several major mechanical malfunctions and a crash.... oh well. I got most of it fixed for Snowshoe.

Mark said there were results on hcor; I haven't checked yet but I was something like 15th out of 20 or so; 30+ seconds off the winner. Steve didn't race b/c in his final practice run, he brained himself and had enough of a headache that he decided not to risk death-before-snowshoe.... Zach take notes!

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
DßR said:
ehhhh. It was okay; I beat the living **** out of my bike and SDH did the same to his body. It rained most of the time and there was a lot of mud, too many flat pedaling sections, and a few oil-slick off camber grassy spots that were downright treacherous. The course could have been a lot more fun (i.e. steeper; I kinda wish I hadn't brought my DH bike. The rfx would be more than enough).

I had a fun time as a 1st-time Plattekill experience (drank a LOT of PBR and hung with some serious "locals") but had a pretty sh*tty race run due to several major mechanical malfunctions and a crash.... oh well. I got most of it fixed for Snowshoe.

Mark said there were results on hcor; I haven't checked yet but I was something like 15th out of 20 or so; 30+ seconds off the winner. Steve didn't race b/c in his final practice run, he brained himself and had enough of a headache that he decided not to risk death-before-snowshoe.... Zach take notes!
hey! Seriously though, I would not have raced if my head hurt. my shoulder is the only thing that hurt. Its healing up and I should be back on my bike early next week. good luck at the shoe.
--z--

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well I didn't race but I poached the course a few times on Saturday :D

Seemed like a lot of pedaling. It was the longest DH course I've ever seen at Platty, usually they just go straight down the mountain. A true beginner would not have been able to ride the beginner/sport course, sometimes I wonder if they even realize what they are doing with the beginner course. In some ways the expert/pro course was easier.

But it was fun as always, too bad it rained Sunday because Saturday was perfect :thumb: