Quantcast

How would you like your steak done?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I like fillet steak raw. Rub the outside in salt and white pepper, fry briefly (2 mins max) on a high heat on all sides to sear off the bacteria, then dunk into ice water. Slice finely and place on a bed of salad leaves, spring onion etc. and drizzle asian salad dressing (Soy, mirin, ginger, lime, sake, tiny bit of chilli) over the whole thing.

Mmmmmm.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
mmmm medium rare please.... I like it when it looks as though it can still crawl off my plate. steak is good!!! I go to go to the world famous Peter Lugers last week for some kick-a$$ steak. damn that was good

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
The bloody side of medium rare is best. I'm such a carnivore I will slurp down the blood juice from the plate if noone's looking. Mmmmm....blood juice.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
I'm tellin' ya, you're missing out. The combo of the beef *with* the wine goes way beyond either by itself. :drool:

-S.S.-

Oh yeah, I love a nice WELL done steak with some nice red wine...my favorite is Ruth's Chris Steak House...they will cook the new york perfectly for me without turning it into a charred piece of shoe leather...it's still tender and juicy, yet white all the way through...and they have a GREAT wine list...we usually get the Cakebread Cab...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmm...in FACT...a certain someone promised me a trip to RCSH for helping him out when he broke his collar bone...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A good tender cut should be rare, the outside should be quickly charred to seal in the juices.

A bloody chunk of meat triggers some primeval satisfaction for me. Fire good too.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
How would that be ruined??? And who is authorized to say how a good cut of meat 'should' be cooked? I believe it 'should' be cooked the way the person paying 40 bucks for it in a restaurant likes it...

This is probably another good opportunity to whip out my rum raisin ice cream theory...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
How would that be ruined??? And who is authorized to say how a good cut of meat 'should' be cooked? I believe it 'should' be cooked the way the person paying 40 bucks for it in a restaurant likes it...

This is probably another good opportunity to whip out my rum raisin ice cream theory...
Your flavor of ice cream sucks.

If you like well done steak just order some beef jerky. Not that there is anything wrong with beef jerky.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
Your flavor of ice cream sucks.

If you like well done steak just order some beef jerky. Not that there is anything wrong with beef jerky.

Actually, I do not like raisins or rum so the thought of them mixed together in a cool confection makes me wanna hurl...I'm pretty stoked cuz my little niece has a job in a Cold Stone kinda place...and they have blue bubble gum flavored ice cream base...no gumballs! SWEET! so I can enjoy the flavorful blue bubble gum ice cream without having to have a cup as gumball spitoon handy!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
dh girlie said:
That would be pretty much true for ANYTHING with you El Queso!
Well, ok?

Wait, I'm now a happily engaged guy (except when I'm in the doghouse for receiving inappropriate lap dances from other dancers...why didn't anyone tell me the rules of engagement when it comes to visiting my chick at the club?)

Ahh, hell, you're right, slap and send is pretty much my creedo. :evil:

PS- 5 more days and I win!

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
dh girlie said:
Oh yeah, I love a nice WELL done steak with some nice red wine...my favorite is Ruth's Chris Steak House...they will cook the new york perfectly for me without turning it into a charred piece of shoe leather...it's still tender and juicy, yet white all the way through...and they have a GREAT wine list...we usually get the Cakebread Cab...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmm...in FACT...a certain someone promised me a trip to RCSH for helping him out when he broke his collar bone...

yeh Ruth's Chris is the best!!! my fam and i go there quite often b/c my dad designed the one near us so thats the only way, but yeh they do the steak perfectly

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
:stupid: If I see pink I lose my appetite.
restaurants LOVE to see people like you...who do you think gets served the meat that's teetering on the "do not sell past" date? char it until it's a hockey puck and no one's the wiser.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
gross but true.

anyone interested in eating and restaurants needs to read _Kitchen Confidential_ by Anthony Bourdain. great read, even though it's clear he worships at the HST altar (there are worse writers by far to emulate, and hell - he's a cook who can write pretty damn well).