Quantcast

How'bout Now ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Explosives are difficult to acquire.
Wait, you can't buy grenades or claymores at the local gun shop ? Goddamnit, I don't feel safe in my own home without them. If I can have an AR-15, then I should be able to own the explosives of my choice. What the Hell am I supposed to do when a terrorist knocks on my door with a suicude vest and I have no hand grenades to throw at him ?

So unfair, thanks Obama.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
RPG's are "Arms" ie armament. So the second says I'm good....I want my RPG's!!!

I'm being infringed!!

Well, not really, as I don't qualify, I be in the wrong /right? part of America.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wait, you can't buy grenades or claymores at the local gun shop ? Goddamnit, I don't feel safe in my own home without them. If I can have an AR-15, then I should be able to own the explosives of my choice. What the Hell am I supposed to do when a terrorist knocks on my door with a suicude vest and I have no hand grenades to throw at him ?

So unfair, thanks Obama.
you won't feel completely safe until your home is completely rigged with demolition explosives ready to blow at a moments notice.

might wanna go back to corded phones though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Regulations will solve the problem. It's a proven fact. Only idiots can not see this.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-Frances-Gun-laws

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/14/paris-attacks-bataclan-concert-hall

It's simple really.

If only the government subscribed to Ridemonkey.
How many large scale (lets say 10+ deaths) shootings in france over the last 10 years? Or even more relevant, just how many gun deaths?

How many in the US?

Only a fucking retard doesn't see the correlation once those answers are known (stevew will help you with the Chicago portion). And only a fucking retard thinks improvement means complete elimination of said events.

You think it's tough to own a gun in florida? The state with stand your ground laws.......

If anything, recent events prove that allowing a population to arm itself doesn't do jack shit for protection. It just makes acquisition easier for assholes.

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
How many large scale (lets say 10+ deaths) shootings in france over the last 10 years? Or even more relevant, just how many gun deaths?

How many in the US?

Only a fucking retard doesn't see the correlation once those answers are known (stevew will help you with the Chicago portion). And only a fucking retard thinks improvement means complete elimination of said events.

You think it's tough to own a gun in florida? The state with stand your ground laws.......

If anything, recent events prove that allowing a population to arm itself doesn't do jack shit for protection. It just makes acquisition easier for assholes.
Does this one count? Probably not, he didn't use a gun so these are good deaths...although the van was loaded with enough weaponry to start a terror cell, but they are not legal in France so he decided to use the van instead. Brilliant really...he could have been arrested if he used the illegal guns.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
On what planet did anyone say ever, if no guns, no killing of any kind?

Not the one I live on.

Do better einstein. At least go with a few thousand from planes into buildings.

But 84ish now? That's about what, a slightly worse than average day in america lost to guns?

That's the problem trying to discuss anything of substance. You don't even understand what's being discussed. No one said a gun free world is unicorn farts and free candy. It's just a better one that what we have now.

"good deaths"

Seriously, if you have to put words into my mouth to argue with them just go sit in a corner and drool on yourself.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Contrary to what the majority of the RM liberal member base may believe, I'm not some big pro-gun advocate. My point is, every time something like this occurs, most respond with this naïve simplistic gun control response. it's the some one over and over again...and honestly, I find it amusing that the same people scream the same thing over and over again.

The cause and effect of violence is so far beyond the gun control issue. People's minds are closed when it comes to these issues, so there is no reason to waste time discussing it when the response is so predictable.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
People have been killing people since before we realized a rock or stick could be a tool.
Since then invention has just allowed us to be able to kill each other easier.
A gun is an extension of this principle.
It was designed to kill living beings, weather they be human or some other animal, it matters not.

Now people being people get angry, sometimes very angry.
They will reach for a tool in that moment of flooding adrenaline.
Now human nature being what it is, that usually means doing so in a way that preserves us / presents us with the least amount of danger.
So a gun is the "logical" choice, when so many are available.
This is how it works with spur of the moment.

Now for planning.
Again, what is the best tool for the job - a gun.
So, that is what most people go with - easily accessable, fast to operate, fast to reload.
People tend to disengage with a gun, and run for cover.
...but not so much with a knife - they tend to be rushed and overpowered.

For the truck.
Yup mow down two kilometers of people, then go out throwing grenades and shooting.
The truck was both a weapon and a conveyance to the site of the attack.
Things did not go as he had planned, he was killed before he could use the grenades and gun.

Really don't understand that something this simple is so hard for you to understand.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Contrary to what the majority of the RM liberal member base may believe, I'm not some big pro-gun advocate. My point is, every time something like this occurs, most respond with this naïve simplistic gun control response. it's the some one over and over again...and honestly, I find it amusing that the same people scream the same thing over and over again.

The cause and effect of violence is so far beyond the gun control issue. People's minds are closed when it comes to these issues, so there is no reason to waste time discussing it when the response is so predictable.
If you want to jump on my case, at least do yourself the favor or reading some of my older posts.

There's a culture in this country underlying all of this that is wholly unique to this place. And as long as grown ass, supposedly intelligent people (okay, men, they're all men) confidently repeat over and over again the language of a lobbying organization, that culture is only strengthening. If you want to talk predictable, take a further step back and at least acknowledge the true bigger picture.

So your amusement is cute and all but this obviously hasn't affected you, so you have the liberty of chuckling all you want from your supposed little perch of superiority, still well within the realm of the theoretical.

But a friend of mine from high school's mom would still be alive if this culture here didn't exist, where firearms are viewed as just another man toy like a cordless drill.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-03-06/story/episcopal-schools-dale-regan-remembered-visionary-leader

Fellow servicemen of a coworker would likely be alive

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/04/05/nevada-national-guard-carson-city-ihop-shooting/6566859/

So really, NOT saying anything, and pretending that we should just ignore all this? And then to have the gall to suggest I'm somehow completely accepting of people being mowed down by a truck?

Fuck you.

Seriously.

I'm down to discuss this all you want but don't sit there and pretend you're above this.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
My point is, every time something like this occurs, most respond with this naïve simplistic gun control response. it's the some one over and over again...and honestly, I find it amusing that the same people scream the same thing over and over again.
Yeah no shit Sherlock. Its because innocent people get murdered over and over again because a bunch of gun nutz like shootin thur gunz and swingin their dicks in everyones faces.

Its fucking retarted to the rest of the world and everyone else thinks you should get with the program.

If you havent realised this by now it either means youre ignoring it on purpose, or youre really fucking thick.

Have a nice day.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
. People's minds are closed when it comes to these issues, so there is no reason to waste time discussing it when the response is so predictable.
Lame dude, really lame argument.

I am so sick of hearing this Right Wing NRA propaganda bullshit that nothing can be done so we just shouldn't try.

More Goddamn guns is not the answer !

@kidwoo is right. It's real easy to sit back and parrot NRA talking points that reinforce a culture of swift violence until you have been directly affected by it. And at the current exponential rate of increased shootings it's statistically only a matter of time before your are affected.

Wait till you're out riding one day and having an otherwise awesome time on your beloved bike and you start hearing zip-pop because some freedumb tard is popping off rounds at you because he doesn't like bikers.

But you could of course be one of those dudes who thinks that's so bad ass and manly to get shot at.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am going to start marketing a line of flagpoles that only go half way up. No need to hoist Old Glory all the way these days.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
But not on such a regular, predictable basis. Ask the Aussies about Port Arthur and its aftermath...
i think it is great you have more faith in people than i do.

ban guns.

i'm fine with it.....never had a problem with it.

if it curtails the killing to a acceptable level of people that will let you fall asleep faster at night....fantastic.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
To me, it is not about banning them (Regardless of Austrailias actions...) it is more about making sure they dont get into the wrong hands. The tired old argument about "If someone wants to kill you they will do it with a rock or stick or semi truck..." just doesnt hold water anymore. If it ever did.

The NRA jumped the shark long ago. They went from being an advocate of safe, sane and responsible gun use to simply being an industry shill only interested in continuing the sale of weapons and ammo at any cost. But now when them homos and darkies and ragheads getting them some guns...can a change in tune be far behind?

The answer, imho, is mandating waiting periods, training and some kind of liability insurance for gun owners. Follow that with registration and increasing the price/taxation on ammunition. Then we can work on the mental health aspect and the international relations piece. Did I mention monitoring by law enforcement?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
All this time I had been operating under the assumption that less killing would be considered an improvement by everybody.
none would be best.....then we could stop beating this dead horse.