Quantcast

How'd ya do @ CHDH

reignrider

Chimp
Mar 28, 2006
Got 3rd in Beg 25-29. Pretty stoked since I crashed HARD twice on Saturday (both on my 2nd practice run) and sprained my wrist really bad and put 2 nice dents in my left shin and got a whole bunch of road rash on my body. Sunday, I just tried to get down the course without breaking myself even more, taped wrist and all but my confidence to go all out was nowhere to be found. Got offline a couple of times but still managed to get down injury free! So I'm pretty happy with my run.

Oh yeah, before and after my run I took some pictures after the G-Out (this is all of them so there are good ones and bad ones, sorry for the bad ones!). You can see and download them here:

http://www.ridethedeath.com/chdh2007/chdh1.htm

Here's my fav drift shot that I took:

Enjoy!
-omar

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Didn't get to race after Miles crashed into me at the top of the g-out in practice before the race.
Nothing like coming into a corner way to hot, not cornering enough, and finding Josh in my exit line. When I saw him there wasn't a whole lot I could do but yell a lame warning and half-bail. That really sucks about the sprain, good thing it wasn't a lot worse. Healing vibes to you dude, heal fast and get back riding.

scooderdude

Chimp
Feb 11, 2002
Bay Area
1st place fast old guys 45+. 2:26 and change

I had a good run, but as I set up off the little kicker on the high fence line groove into the berm at the top of the g-out, two freakin kids were playing on the grass runout line where I was headed. I grabbed a handful of rear brake to swing the rear and change my line, nearly highsiding right at the top, both feet came out of my pedals, and I rode the entire g-out sitting on the saddle with feet in the air, right through the the first left turn. Visualize a guy riding a bareback horse in the rodeo. I was just waiting to get bucked over the front. But I clicked in just before the right hander into the single track. It scared the cr#p out of me! And I'm bummed that I didn't get to give it a clean run for speed, but glad I'm ambulatory. Stupid parents. Inattentive course marshalls. I would have creamed those little guys and myself.

Attachments

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i got 1st in expert women... (they announced it as sport though haha)

fun race, love the course. just a no-stress, enjoy the speed kinda trail.

props to rideSFO, they did an amazing job.
so how many girls turned out? was thinking of going... but made the most of the last bits of snow we got this weekend.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
got 6th in beginner 19 - 24 with a blown shock... I would say thats not too shabby... Anyone got pics of #192??? Was wearing a black/blue 661 SP2 pressure suit on a bluebike with a MonsterT

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
DANG HEATH!!! Look at all that wind drag.
You're suppose to race the course, not take it with you.
It was an awesome weekend. Looked for you everywhere but couldn't find you.

man, 44 mph down the g-out and he's racing sport? sounds like a bag of sand to me.
Yeah, Expert next year for sure. Hey Curtis, my fiance said I had you sweatin it there for a minute. :D

Seriously though, I WAAAYYYY over cleared the "big" double and landed to flat and blew through the little berm after it. I knew I had to pin it like a mad man to have any chance for a decent time. Probably took too many risks the rest of the way down, aka 44mph on the G-Out, but like they say, "No guts, no glory." In the end, it paid off with the win. :thumb:

xgirrrrl

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Tahoe! , Baby!
so how many girls turned out? was thinking of going... but made the most of the last bits of snow we got this weekend.
+Don't know the exact number of girl racers, 15 or 20. We need more women to race! They threw all the expert, sport, women together, at the end of the day, almost as an after-thought.
But the course was fast and FUN! I got 2nd place, expert/sport combined. Had to leave early though, didn't get to bask in the glory:rolleyes: