Quantcast

Howd you learn to do 360's?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
So whats the best way to learn with out getting hurt if i dont have a lake and a dock? Whats the way you guys learned? I do have access to snow, would that be a good idea?

dirtbrosrule

Chimp
May 8, 2004
do it flyout..its super easy..this is how i learned..another thing is have your friends atand just right of where you want to land and like 15 feet past it...have them wave their arms around and when you spin just try as hard as you can to see them acting like completely loonies....itll look retarded and it prolly sounds dumb too but it works.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
Sven tha Viking said:
go to the skatepark and boost out of the bowl. stay with the bike and your wont get hurt. jumping out of the bowl is better than going off a jump b/c you land at the same hight as the lip. once you can do them onto the deck, you're set
Thats how it's done

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Sven tha Viking said:
go to the skatepark and boost out of the bowl. stay with the bike and your wont get hurt. jumping out of the bowl is better than going off a jump b/c you land at the same hight as the lip. once you can do them onto the deck, you're set
The man knows whats up. Lake jumps/foam pits/tramp bikes are fun, but they really don't mean much... I can tailwhip a tramp bike, but no way could I do it on dirt. More for fun instead of progression.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Sven tha Viking said:
Thats how everybody I know learned them :)

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I learned how ti do them by jumping up a bank to flat.
works great
just keep those feet on the petals or oops there go your nuts!
also turning your head is key

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
you should find a hip that you can pull a 270 on first to make sure that you got the whole turning your head, and spinning thing. then try a 360 out of a bowl or some halfpipe. then if you under rotate some, you're not screwed.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Go with what they've said already... Learn it as a flyout first. As long as you keep your head and shoulders turning, the rest of your body will rotate. Come around, spot your landing and you're set.

Don't spend too much time doing them as flyouts, though. As soon as you land a couple, start trying them "for real." I know lots of people around here that can do all kinds of stuff as a flyout, but couldn't pull off a 'real' jump if their life depended on it.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
RandomV said:
Don't spend too much time doing them as flyouts, though. As soon as you land a couple, start trying them "for real." I know lots of people around here that can do all kinds of stuff as a flyout, but couldn't pull off a 'real' jump if their life depended on it.

VERY GOOD point Random, very good point!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i'm learning them at my skatepark where there's this tall, steep bank. it's a lot less intimidating than a say a bowl just because there's no coping. unfortunately the skatepark is closed so they can finish building it so i'm kinda stuck right now.