Quantcast

How's Keystone?? Worth a visit??

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I never really hear much about Keystone, but from what I've read they've been doing the free ride thing for a while and seem proud to cater to Downhillers.

Is it worth the visit??

What's the best colorado mountain to visit for DH/freeride?

Phil Winn

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
dude..

keystone is awesome..! the main race course is 9-10 minutes long at race pace, with options to other trails pretty much all the way down. they've got steep, knarly, some wood (which i don't dig), single track and now some jumps. they built a new trail late last year that had everything.. especially jumps.

they just finished a new trail with 26 table top jumps.. and it "looks" like it will flow like a mutha....huge berms, lovely "S" turns into hips and such... i can't freakin wait til june 15..! it's gonna be "MONEY".

it used to be keystone, vail and beavercreek. but now keystone has stepped up big time with approval for 5 new trails (top to bottom) and noone else is close (in CO).

i'm sure there are pics of keystone on this site or mtbr.com, just check it out.

ps.. they totally cater to big bikes with the likes of Josh Bender building and designing out there.

P"

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Vail was fun, but I really wasn't impressed at all. You peaked my curiousity with Beaver Creek. Basically I'm hitting one or two mountains in colorado on my way to Utah, so is Beaver worth a day or should I spend two/three days at Keystone?

Thanks.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Beaver Creek will not let you on a lift with a DH bike. Keystone is your best bet if Vail doesn't impress you. Or you can always stay put and ride Plattekill...

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Beaver Creek will not let you on a lift with a DH bike. Keystone is your best bet if Vail doesn't impress you. Or you can always stay put and ride Plattekill...

Aaah, if only Platty was on the way to Utah!! For some reason I NEVER get sick of Utah and I've been going since '94.

Vail was nice, but it just didn't have any table tops or wood structures. I was there in 04 and basically did the worlds course and majic forest all day. Did I miss something??

Is Telluride worth a visit??

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
Telluride is definalty worth a visit. And if your nuts enough silverton summer has some nuts terrian in that area too.
But for some milder but still fun terrian Winter Park has some good runs ranging from beginner DH to advanced DH and a variety of XC as well. Crankworks will be at Winter Park July 5-7

ASX_Andy

Chimp
Feb 23, 2007
the 3 OH! 3
dude..

keystone is awesome..! the main race course is 9-10 minutes long at race pace, with options to other trails pretty much all the way down. they've got steep, knarly, some wood (which i don't dig), single track and now some jumps. they built a new trail late last year that had everything.. especially jumps.

they just finished a new trail with 26 table top jumps.. and it "looks" like it will flow like a mutha....huge berms, lovely "S" turns into hips and such... i can't freakin wait til june 15..! it's gonna be "MONEY".

it used to be keystone, vail and beavercreek. but now keystone has stepped up big time with approval for 5 new trails (top to bottom) and noone else is close (in CO).

i'm sure there are pics of keystone on this site or mtbr.com, just check it out.

ps.. they totally cater to big bikes with the likes of Josh Bender building and designing out there.

P"
What's "the main race course"???????????