Quantcast

How's your riding going?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Just wondering. You riding a lot? A little? Not at all? I guess few people are ever fully satisfied with how much riding they get in, but realistically speaking, how satisfied are you?

Since the early season rainouts have calmed down, the wife and I are probably riding more than ever....once every two or three days. That's about what I can squeeze in between other interests. We usually ride both days on the weekends and once or twice during the week. We can't ask for much more than that!

(I'm ducking out of work in 15 minutes for some more MTB)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I have been riding on the road evrey other day for the past month and it rules. I haven't riden this much in forever. I am usually out before the sun is up and get to see the sun rise down at the river. Its been the best way to start the day.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I have been riding alot of road bike over the past few months - training for mt. nebo - now that I have had my a$$ handed to me I'm getting back on the MTB so I can start training for some endoro races at the end of the summer. 18 hr solo is going to hurt

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've been doing a lot of road riding, but very little mtnbiking. I'm one of those people who can't ever ride enough... but all in all, considering all the other responsibilities I have in life, I'm happy with how much I've been riding.

Do I want to ride more? duh. Do I realize I'm pretty lucky to be able to ride almost every day? Definitely.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
laura said:
I have been riding on the road evrey other day for the past month and it rules. I haven't riden this much in forever. I am usually out before the sun is up and get to see the sun rise down at the river. Its been the best way to start the day.
Yeah, the road rides is where we are getting additional rides in, while the MTB rides are about the same number as usual. MBC is getting stronger. I really had to work to keep up with her on our road ride last night. I still get her on the hills, but she was laying it down on the flats. She doesn't believe me though. :wonky2:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey Babs!

My riding is going really well. Last summer this time I couldn't ride because of my knee surgery. This year I am riding a lot of everything...road and mountain. I've done quite a few new mountain bike rides and explored a lot as well. I'm content :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Other than commuting to and from work every day, I get on average only one MTB ride and one road ride per week. Almost no freeriding or DH this season, due to injury. Hopefully I can survive Whistler in a couple weeks :eek:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I am quite satisfied with the amount I have been riding. I will concur with llkoolkeg: my skillz are definitely in the sissy zone, but the confidence is coming back after a rough 2004 (broken back) and a rougher 2005 (two serious surguries)... But I usually ride on average 3-4 times a week, even on a race week. Lots of DH up at the resorts, racing, gate starts/bmx, a little road here and there, and this past weekend I re-discovered XC!

It ruled, me and a buddy rode the Colorado Trail starting at Kenosha Pass, heading towards Georgia Pass. Kicked my @SS is what that ride did - I am in no shape for an epic above treeline just yet! We made it about 3/4 the way up to Georgia Pass and then turned back due to time and fitness constraints. This fall I DEFINTIELY want to do the whole 36 mile point-to-point epic from Kenosha, over Georgia, into Breckenridge.

Yaaaay bikes!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Meh, never as much as I would like. Maybe once or twice a week. One night road, the other mtn.. The sadest part is that I haven't been DH'ing yet this year. Really bummed about that, but the $$ just isn't there to do it right now. :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Meh, never as much as I would like. Maybe once or twice a week. One night road, the other mtn.. The sadest part is that I haven't been DH'ing yet this year. Really bummed about that, but the $$ just isn't there to do it right now. :(
I need to get out for some DH.

Any monkeys want to plan a sick day at work?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I Are Baboon said:

I can take a sick day nearly any day of the week, and am always down for some DH. Now you just need to get on a plane and fly to Colorado and we're all set! Heck, you can even ship your bike to me and I'll build it for you down at the shop...

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I Are Baboon said:
Just wondering. You riding a lot? A little? Not at all? I guess few people are ever fully satisfied with how much riding they get in, but realistically speaking, how satisfied are you?

(I'm ducking out of work in 15 minutes for some more MTB)

I'm riding once a week, and sometimes 4 times a week. It varies a ton. I have to be a lucky bahstahd due to the fact that I have singletrak out my backdoor.

I wish I were riding 5 days a week, consistantly, always on new trails.

I'm ducking out of work 4 hours early (after my lunch and RM fix). However, I have cellphone/email to get work done if I need to from the trail.

A

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have been riding quite a bit (I have no life so I have the time)
Both road & Mtn (but no DH for me either)

50 hours in the last 30 days, I think I should take a few days off and give my body some rest

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Full Trucker said:
It ruled, me and a buddy rode the Colorado Trail starting at Kenosha Pass, heading towards Georgia Pass. Kicked my @SS is what that ride did - I am in no shape for an epic above treeline just yet! We made it about 3/4 the way up to Georgia Pass and then turned back due to time and fitness constraints. This fall I DEFINTIELY want to do the whole 36 mile point-to-point epic from Kenosha, over Georgia, into Breckenridge.

Yaaaay bikes!
We gotta hook up. I've been on a high-country-big-bike rampage lately. Kenosha to Georgia is awesome, but the DH on Jefferson Creek is waaaay cool and flowy. You'd dig it.

I'm planning on doing a Kenosha to Breck to Copper mtn soon. If you want to go with, we can arrange the shuttle. You can bail out at Gold hill, and I'll continue on (if I can). I did that ride two years ago with another monkey. The West Ridge is a serious uphill after having done Georgia Pass. Be in shape. PM me and lets set something up.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I got off to a slow start but had been getting about 2 mtb rides per week + 2-3 street rides as well. 5 rides in a week is a good week by almost anyone's standards!

Having said that; I'm broken now and won't be riding until September.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I ride every day, but commuting just isn't the same. My dh bike is in pieces and waiting on parts, I got a replacement frame, but it's waiting on parts. So my riding isn't going very well. No fun riding, just transportation :(

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Not ridning at all in the past 8 weeks, damn international move! But my lit comes in Thursday, so with a little luck and some well palced begging, I will be pedaling by Sunday/Monday...in the heat.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Riding? I just surf RM all day...
Is that why you blew off downieville this weekend? Slacker.

--

Not as hot here as everywhere else, so I've been riding about 5 days a week. With 1 or 2 days at the BMX track.

Feels like summer is going to be over before I know it and I'll be back to playing around in the snow.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My Dh riding is going pretty good, 4 or 5 runs on 2,000'+ descents every weekend. My XC bike is waiting for the weather to cooperate (too f'n hot to climb)

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
It is hard to get in rides while still trying to be a good dad to my 2yo. For instance, I bailed on a ride tonight so that I can go to swim lessons with her. It is worth it, but that doesn't mean I won't miss the ride.

Up until about 2 weeks ago I was commuting (35 miles/day) ~3 times/week (Mon/Weds/Fri). The other two weekdays, I'd go MTB after work.

I also try to get in one long, long ride on the weekend.

Then two weeks ago my fork went out of commision. It is back and I am ready to get back on schedule.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:

where are you thinking? i was gonna do a solo vacation day and hit diablo sometime this year.

overall i'm riding a ton more than i've done in the past 5-6 years (which really isn't saying that much, but still...).