Quantcast

How's your riding going?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm going ok, riding two or three times a week, usually two shorty rides during the week and a long one on the weekend, sometimes ride both days on the weekends.

Ahh crap, it's true...I've become a weekend warrior. :D

Not getting enough DH shuttles but otherwise mixing it up.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
amydalayna said:
i had the world's worst. maybe not world's worst, but sooooo sloppy. it's a ride that i usually have totally down. i walked things i've never walked before. left me feeling super annoyed.

but i'm glad someone else had fun out there.

It was actually really weird. I arranged a shuttle with the LBS owner so I brought the DH and when I showed up it was all hard core xc guys with 3 inch travel bikes...But all the terrain wasn't DH bike worthy, but it was still kinda fun

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
chicodude said:
It was actually really weird. I arranged a shuttle with the LBS owner so I brought the DH and when I showed up it was all hard core xc guys with 3 inch travel bikes...But all the terrain wasn't DH bike worthy, but it was still kinda fun
sometimes it's fun just riding your big bike just cause.
i miss riding my bigger bike this summer.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
errr if i wasnt retired i'd be thoroughly dissatisfied. I'm a 1,000 miles behind last year. BUT since i'm not racing i cant say that i'm totally dissatisfied with it. The only problem is i'm going to colorado next month and i'm in horrible shape for that. I'm trying to kick up the training but i think i'm out of time.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
3-4 rides a week. Every other week one of them is a DH day. The rest has been rugged trail riding. It feel I'm doing better than last season. Def in better shape than last season, due to more climbing with a heavier bike.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
narlus said:
hardcore XC guys doing a shuttle?

mr clean wouldn't stand for such behavior.

Yea, One of them thought he knew everything about DH.

He kept telling me the fox boxxer was his favorite DH fork. He gave me the a blank stare when I told him fox doesn't make the boxxer

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pretty good. Not as fast, and a little less fitness then last year. I had a good year though. I am much more relaxed on the bike and have been having fun. I like not riding everyday. I have a lot of road miles but that doesn't mean a thing to me. My technical climbing is a little off. But I have been making up for it on drops and jumps. My new bike rocks.