Quantcast

How's your weekend so far? I rode *3* bikes today! :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So I'm waiting for all my friends to roll outta bed -- they have night lives -- so I jump on my motorcycle. I'm cruising by downtown and there must've been 50 cruiser bicycles outside a popular cafe/deli joint. I smile at all the wonderful bikers, roll on the throttle and tool around for an hour.

Friends start waking up. I grab my roadie and xc bikes, jump in my jeep and head for the mountains where the water runs Rocky Mountain fresh. I join a few roadies and spin 4500' feet up for a 2.5 hour ride.

I have time to kill cuz my mtb friends are running late, as usual... so I pick up a hitchhiker -- the xc is on the other side of the mountain from the road ride. Nice guy, we chat, he warns me to be selective about picking up hitchhikers :eek: Well, I'm not that worried about him or anyone else. He tells me there's an infamous drunken old dude in the area. I think, "well, he's old and drunk, wtf do i have to worry about?" And here it comes... the old dude canNOT control his bladder. He's known everywhere in this town for pissing everywhere without concern! I immediately visualize having to tear out the passenger seat and leave it and the old dude (had I actually picked him up) on the side of the road. Apparently, there are real fears to picking up hitchhikers.

Then I met up with three lady friends for our mtb ride. Riding with women really gives me an ego boost to my 1337 xc skillz ;) :D We tool around the mt for a couple hours and then head for mexican.

I rode three bikes today :D Ok, you're saying one was motorized... two words -- screw you :D

And tomorrow, I'm hooking up with THE :monkey: BarbaRosa for an official BMW motorcycle wrench day... should be ~50 beemers there. Maybe RedBeard will show me the area (2 hours north of me) and carve some canyons. Then, meeting up with five friends for an in-town roadie urban drinking thing.

The wheel is the best friggin' invention ever! Say it with me... hallelujah! G-d bless bikes and biker chicks!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have allways wanted to pick up a hitchhiker. sounds like a great day.

you & red beard should deffinely try & make it to our wedding (details to come) or at least meet us for a ride.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by TN
I have allways wanted to pick up a hitchhiker. sounds like a great day.

you & red beard should deffinely try & make it to our wedding (details to come) or at least meet us for a ride.
isn't your wedding in Vegas? Are you driving thru or flying? Hell yeah I'd meet up with two of the coolest peeps around. Awaiting details.

Eh, I wouldn't make a habit of picking up strange folk. You've got more to live for now... a future wife, a baby on the way.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by LordOpie
isn't your wedding in Vegas? Are you driving thru or flying? Hell yeah I'd meet up with two of the coolest peeps around. Awaiting details.

Eh, I wouldn't make a habit of picking up strange folk. You've got more to live for now... a future wife, a baby on the way.
driving & yes Vegas....well sorta, Bootleg Canyon.