Quantcast

Howzit?

May 25, 2006
Noob here....fantastic looking site you've got. Anyways, 31 years old and decided it was long overdue to get a bike. Ended up getting a great deal on a IH Yazuza Bakuto complete bike minus wheelset and brakes for $200. I should have those parts replaced and rolling in a few weekends.

I'm not new to biking (bmx mostly) but I know my way around a trail and a mt. bike, so I'm looking for some good beginner areas to hit up. The closer to Long beach the better, but I'm open to any suggestions or group rides you guys may do.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Chris

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
don't even try summit.

as for the bike, you got a great bike for a great price. i have one that i have upgraded a bit. i do have a wheelset that i can hook you up with. i have not ridden mine much, as i use a wheelset i owned before i bought the bike. (sorry for the spam).

you are stuck in the middle of riding spots. there are a bunch up north of santa monica. there are some in pasadena. there are a bundle in OC. there is one in the southbay that may be closed to bikes.

check http://trails.mtbr.com/ for some locations and a few reviews.

my boys and i roll every saturday at 930am. we pick a different trail every week. lemmy know if you wanna join us. check the ride report section for some posts i have done on our recent rides.

May 25, 2006
lovebunny said:
welcome. where you located?

I'm in Long Beach. My bike will be most often used to haul the kids around in a trailer, but I wanted the capability to handle any other riding I might want to do.

Mandown, thanks for the tips and the offer. Once I get up and running, I may try to hook up with you guys. As for that wheelset, I'll drop you a pm. :D