Quantcast

HP Mini WTF?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So I bought a new wireless internet subscription yesterday and it came with a free laptop, a HP Mini.
After turning it on the first time something strange was going on.
There was allready an acount on it and I had to enter a password.
Ofcourse I dint know the password but fortunatly retyping the "hint" as the actuall password got me logged on the the admins account.
After playing around a bit it seems like the 30day Norton trial has expired and when booting messenger there was allready an email adres with the same name as the admins account for windows.

Were talking about a new laptop here that was bought in an official Vodafone store...
Is this weird or am I just missing something?
Its also kind of slow allready, running Windows 7 and AVG and my RAM usage is allready around 70%.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Return it. It was purchased and probably well-sealed when it was returned to the store, with the customer claiming they "never opened it" - or the store is sketchy, but it's probably just a customer return that they thought was still new.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Could have been refurbed and sold as a new phone, I had a phone replaced under warranty and it was a used board in a new case but was told it was brand new.
It had some guys buisness contacts on it but came with plastics on it as a new phone would, it also had a T-mobile logo on it, T-Mobile isn't even in Australia.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Return it. It was purchased and probably well-sealed when it was returned to the store, with the customer claiming they "never opened it" - or the store is sketchy, but it's probably just a customer return that they thought was still new.
Sounds about right, unfortunatly i wont be back in Holland untill next weekend so Ill make some calls first so they know whats up...

Cheers