Quantcast

HT Cleats

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
WTF is the deal with the X2 cleat, and why does their website not explain it at all?

The rest of their options make sense. There's the X1, which is the normal one with 4° of float. There's the X1F that has 8°. And there's the X1E that's their version of the Shimano SH56 multi-release (i.e. random eject) cleats.

But then there's the X2 cleat, that looks significantly different, and they say also has 4° of float. They have to be interchangeable, because some of their pedals ship with both the X1 and X2 (others ship with the X1 and X1F) but they don't explain the difference worth shit.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Their x2 cleats are listed "pro riders only." which I am assuming means they are harder to release.
I run their T1 enduro pedals with the x1 cleats and with them set in the middle of the adjustment range, they are perfect.
But my buddies running the x2's have their pedals all the way loose and still say it is tight.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Thanks. I've been running SPDs since the Bronze Age but most of the pairs I have are trashed and I'm thinking about using the opportunity to give HT a go. Having the option for tighter release is appealing, as is availability of spindle rebuild kits. Are you guys running regular versions all around, or SXs? Looks like the SXs are basically the same pedal but have a little hook to hold the front bail in place, so the spring tension is effectively higher. But they don't explain that shit either.

God their website sucks.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
No doubt on the website. I only have experience with the T1 so far.
I have a new set of the x2 pedals, but I broke my hand before I could ride them. Damn trees.
I can tell you this, I have run nothing but Shimano XT trail pedals forever and still have them on one bike.
I can hop between the xt's and HT pedals without even thinking about it. No learning curve. The HT pedals
have a more distinct click in, but that is about it.