Quantcast

Ht workout>fully workout ?

Beef Cake

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
Sand box FL.
Well its realy weird but , I can ride my fully all day and night and never realy get sore . Now on the other hand , i have a dj hardtail single speed and it will kick my ass . I mostly ride street with it and just playing around . I feel it in my upper back and bi's big time . Its just realy weird to me how my fully is 42 lbs. and my wee bike is 36lbs.
and the wee bike is better for me ???

If anyone knows why clue me in yO .
cheers

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I feel it in my upper back and bi's big time
This tells me 2 things.

1. You are riding street with the HT, I bet you are bunny hopping an awful lot. That pulling up motion is going to make your sore in your upper body. Manualling probably does it too but I wouldn't know from experience because I couldn't manual if my life depended on it. There's really no avoiding this I think.

2. Check your body position. I bet a combination of tighter geometry and single speed / difficulty pedalling in your DJ bike is forcing you forward over the bars more. This means you are putting more weight on your bars, through your hands, up your arms and into your shoulders and upper back. Try riding with you weight back and balanced over your feet and the pedals and loosen your grip a little. When you ride street, you probably do lots of short sprints, if you are really torqueing on the bars you will wear your upper body out. Try putting that power into the pedals instead by shifting your weight back. Ride with your grip sort of loose. Bars are for steering not tugging (unless your are bunny hopping, then you may need to tug.)