Quantcast

Hub Bearing Sources

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
After a particularly wet race the weekend before last, the bearings in my Ringle 12mm hub finally siezed up on me. I freed them up enough to race this weekend, but they need replacing. The bearings I need are 2 6902rs and 2 6002rs.

Where should I get the bearings? I don't want to pay $10 each for these things.

I found some on ebay for around $10 for a pack of 10.
6002rs

6902rs

I could really use a bunch of these bearings since I have 2 of these ringle hubs and a suzue carbon hub that use the same bearings. I also have a shot Azonic hub that may be fixable, but I haven't checked what bearings it needs. (I have 4 12mm hubs, I run them on both my Yeti ASX and Turner DHR + backup wheels)

I know these aren't as good as enduro maxes or something along those lines, but will they work? Am I wasting my time trying this? I don't mind rebuilding my hubs every so often, but don't want the bearings falling apart on me at a bad time.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
There is also this place www.vxb.com that has SKF bearings that are rated for slightly higher loads than enduros and they are about $15 per pack of 10.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
You can try boca bearings. That's where I've gotten mine from for all my bikes. They are cheap, easy to get a hold of, and you can by in packs which helps save on buying 1 by 1. bocabearings.com I think is their site.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Be wary of buying bearings on ebay. You have no idea of the quality and you really have no recourse if they fall apart on your first ride (which they probably will)
This comes from experience.
There is a reason good bearings are >$10

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
www.mcmaster.com

The website that sells everything

6002rs - McMaster #5972K83 $6.90
6902rs - McMaster #5972K288 $8.72

Yeah, they're probably the cheapo's you get anywhere.

Boca makes some high quality stuff. They probably offer your size in ceramic, if that sort of thing gets you going.