Quantcast

Hub Selection

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I need a set of inexpensive disc hubs, front and rear. A front hub with a 9mm to 20mm conversion would be preferable, and a hex-nut rear axle in 10 or 12mm would be choice. I have looked at Atomlab GI's, Halo/Diatech Spin Doctors, Shimano Deore's, Woodman Bill's and some others. Anyone have any recommendations? Like I said, cheaper is better.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
woodman:great, but a little more expensive but worth the price. never have a problem with any of their hub (have/had 3)

dabomb(good and cheap)

atom lab (reliability?)

dt swiss (i have had way too many prblems with there hubs to subjest)

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Sir_Crackien said:
woodman:great, but a little more expensive but worth the price. never have a problem with any of their hub (have/had 3)

dabomb(good and cheap)

atom lab (reliability?)

dt swiss (i have had way too many prblems with there hubs to subjest)
One of the guys I ride with in Greensboro (Motomike) runs Atomlab Aircorp hubs on his jump hardtail, and DT Swiss on his Intense M3, and as far I know, they seem to work very reliably. I think the stock "Specialized" rear "single-speed-disc" that came on my '03 P.1 is a Woodman, and it is a f*cking tank. I have never had problems with it until now, and have beaten the sh*t out of it.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Azonics, buddy uses and have heard good things from lots of monkeys. You can get a whole wheelset for about $200 on the internet.