Quantcast

Hubs

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
What are some strong solid hubs that you can put on your bike and not have to worry about. That are 12 mm Thru Axle x 135 mm Spacing, and have fast engagment at a well economic price. So not like above $200 USD

and if anyone is selling one PM me

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Adam Novatt said:
What are some strong solid hubs that you can put on your bike and not have to worry about. That are 12 mm Thru Axle x 135 mm Spacing, and have fast engagment at a well economic price. So not like above $200 USD

and if anyone is selling one PM me
Hope Bulbs

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I'd say go with the hope bulbs. The ones I have ridden felt pretty quick engagement wise and they aren't very expensive.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
hey What do you monkeys think about DT swiss, are thir hubs any good or just stick with CK hadley or hopes

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hope Bulbs again. Almost as light as a CK, cheaper, Ti freehub body, and they can be converted to qr if you get a different bike.

WTB's are nice too.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Adam Novatt said:
if i can get them very cheap should i get them, or should i just go and buy "hopes"
It's up to you, I don't know how easy it is to service a DT, Hopes can be torn down very quickly. I don't think you'll have any problems with DT's. The other cool thing about Hopes is you can get different colors.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Brian HCM#1 said:
It's up to you, I don't know how easy it is to service a DT, Hopes can be torn down very quickly. I don't think you'll have any problems with DT's. The other cool thing about Hopes is you can get different colors.
Dts are easy to service. Just pull off the freehub and grease the star ratchet -- I just called dt, and they sent instructions and the grease. I haven't popped the bearing out, but it doesn't look difficult.