Quantcast

Huge Boston Bike / Skate park

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's sweet Dave! Man, even under a bridge like Burnside, nice work.

I wish the parks here allowed more bikes. Some do and some don't. As a born and raised skater, I understand the dangers of bikes and boards, but if there are designated times or areas, there's no issue (most of the time).

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Thats AWESOME that you guys are sponsoring the park Dave!!! The park should be simply amazing. Opening is scheduled for 2006 which seems a long way off, but its worth the wait. :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by BMXman
hahaha:D
Well, come on, it'd be far superior to all the aluminum parks out there, plus I bet this one's just a better design.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Originally posted by MikeD
Well, come on, it'd be far superior to all the aluminum parks out there, plus I bet this one's just a better design.
Funny ****!:D

This one is going to be all concrete :cool:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Salami
Funny ****!:D

This one is going to be all concrete :cool:
Really? Geez, I hope it'll have better chain retention, at least.

Seriously, though, that schematic makes me wish I had the skills to ride a bike park...I'm street-deficient.

MD

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
cool! makes sense that you guys are on the sponsorship roster since I'm sure most of the locals that live near the site will be calling it "That evil skatepark" anyway :eek: :devil: :p

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by MikeD

Seriously, though, that schematic makes me wish I had the skills to ride a bike park...I'm street-deficient.

MD
Same here man, same here.

So what are you gonna name?

Evil Pipe would sound really cool and all but what about the "Fronj Barrier", "Smote Bowl" or the "Weagle Wedge" :D :cool:

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
So which of those four features are y'all pitching cash towards the naming rights of?
I would think that kinda dough would come from larger buisinesses whose major intrest are in local markets.

New parks are always exciting, should be a blast.

D

Dingus McGee

I think you can name the root bump for about $1,200

BTW, I am extremely jealous of Bosstone youth.

---On an EVIL note, why is it that Jerry Falwells magazine, Mountain Bike Action left Evil / e.13 out of their 'black book' industry contact section (Honda DH on cover).
Bob Barnett is a nice guy, but the Gizmo is dead. What kind of censorship B.S. is going on over there?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
naming rights to features in a skate park??? never heard of that... people will likely still call it "the pipe" "the big bowl, small bowl," etc. naming rights to the entire park does make sense to me.

well, whatever... as long as someone's willing to put down the $ and the park gets built, that's seems to be what matters to most... not the roi for xyz sponsor.

- dump

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
AAHAHAHA

The "Evil Root Bump" LOL!

or the " Weagle Wedge" hah

you guys crack me up

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by dump
well, whatever... as long as someone's willing to put down the $ and the park gets built, that's seems to be what matters to most... not the roi for xyz sponsor.

- dump
you got it man.

i seriously dont tnink our name is attached to anything other than the list of supporters that want to see this thing happen and are willing to pony up their own $$$ to do it.

There are a lot more supportes than e.thirteen and Evil. That bad boys going to be expensive!!

dw

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Rad article! I see Jody Stoddard got quoted! Boo yah! Team Iron Horse/Subway represent!

-ska todd

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
That looks like one of the best park designs I've ever seen. Something tell me that this will number among the world's best when completed; but I could be wrong? :)

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
I read that there is an anonymous donor that is going to quadruple the donations made by skateboarders. Now that's some kick-@ss support.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Nice Dave! Im pumped you guys took note of the suggestion;)
Even if there is no huge advertisement had out of this im sure there will still be plenty of geurilla sticker tactics ensued once the park is put in :cool:
cant wait!!!