Quantcast

Huh... now I get to learn all about Helical Piers for a post-tensioned foundation

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
My latest project will be built on a formerly wooded area so there is a lot of fill dirt. Normally, I'd use a drill shaft filled with rebar and concrete, but my civil engineer says Helical Piers are the way to go on this one.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
brungeman said:
:stupid: :nope: martha fokker:mumble: why cant you leave the damn trees?:mumble:

ah what ever I won't ever buy one of these places anyway:mad:

Dude... I live in Louisiana... there ain't nothing but 'fing trees! They are like weeds down here.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
hahahaha.....I suppose everyone here lives in abodes built on plains. :p
there is a noticeable difference between housing developments of ~20 years ago, compared to ones >10 years ago.

the older ones have trees on the lot which are older than 20 years. the >10 year ones have trees no older than 10 years.

at least in my area.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
johnbryanpeters said:
And then the owners start planting Norway maples... :rolleyes:
:think:

we planted some sort of maple (sunset?) for Miles' birth commemoration. the local nursery didn't have a big selection. i wanted to plant a sycamore or catalpa tree, personally.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
N8 said:
chop-chop..... timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Gotta make room for the people, sorry.
NO you dont have to cut down all the trees to make room for people!!! the most sought after housing plans in our area are the ones where careful tree removal occurs, and several trees remain on the lots!!! PEOPLE CAN COEXHIST with TREES in fact they do quite well WHEN YOU LEAVE SOME OF THEM!!!!:mumble:

and BTW we have tons of trees here also, and yes they grow like weeds!!! we just value them, and try to not treat them like weeds.:mumble:
Ah what ever you wont ever get it!!! its much more profitable to just strip the land first :rolleyes:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
there is a noticeable difference between housing developments of ~20 years ago, compared to ones >10 years ago.

the older ones have trees on the lot which are older than 20 years. the >10 year ones have trees no older than 10 years.

at least in my area.

You gotta figure all the good land has already been developed...

I live on what was a cotton plantation since before the Civil War, so that ain't a freekin' tree to be seen unless it was one that someone planted.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
brungeman said:
NO you dont have to cut down all the trees to make room for people!!! the most sought after housing plans in our area are the ones where careful tree removal occurs, and several trees remain on the lots!!! PEOPLE CAN COEXHIST with TREES in fact they do quite well WHEN YOU LEAVE SOME OF THEM!!!!:mumble:

and BTW we have tons of trees here also, and yes they grow like weeds!!! we just value them, and try to not treat them like weeds.:mumble:
Ah what ever you wont ever get it!!! its much more profitable to just strip the land first :rolleyes:

Trees are renewable... we'll just plant some new ones after the house is built.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
You gotta figure all the good land has already been developed...
that's crap and you know it, at least in MA/NH. the main reason for this is that it makes the developer's life easier if he doesn't have to work around existing trees.