Quantcast

HuH OH!!! What NOT to do...

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
He totally grabs a handfull of front brake.... wtf??

Of course I have done that as well, hindsight is 20/20

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Here we go again.

One thing pictures never do a drop any justice. That is a good size drop when you factor in how much the ground slope. The ground isn't rake the rocks just roll down the hill.

That was a clinic and that was the first time the guy rode there.

J

JRB

Mtb_Rob_FL said:
That is 12" maybe 13" tops. Get back with your PinkBike measuring stick. :nuts:
You are both actually wrong. It is at least 2 feet, coming around a corner and it drops. I hate that drop, and haven't ridden it the last few times I was there. Not all of us are huckers, ya know.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
oh puhleez... I've done that before... no biggie. Heck, I still do it. Just make sure you've got a good helmet.

speaking of which...

J

JRB

Echo said:
I love how so many people here have always been expert riders and never made a mistake on the bike.
:stupid: I guess that is what I was saying, but you did it far better than I could.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Hard to tell if that is a Loco Moto or a Switchblade that he is riding. In any case, I'll take it if the guy doesn't want to ride anymore.
Super Moto I think. I think he thought the fork was soft too.

Bear42

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
The d00d actually one set done Sat,

With probably another set this week, for the surface skin (1st set was deeper "in").

Bike is a SuperMoto setup in FR configuration, 6" front and rear travel methinks.

D00d is really just learning technical riding, he's got good equipment but a bit of time to go to ride up to the level of the equipment.

He's not a small dude, so he's earned and hopefully learned one hard lesson about center of gravity, getting low on the bike, 'n so forth.

I don't think the fork is low on air, just more plush than he's accustomed to and with a forward-weighted bike hit coming down like that it's no surprise it (almost) bottomed out.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Bear42 said:
I don't think the fork is low on air, just more plush than he's accustomed to and with a forward-weighted bike hit coming down like that it's no surprise it (almost) bottomed out.
i wonder what fool told him to run it so squishy...besides quit beating a dead horse they guy grabbed a handful of front brake and went otb end of story if he had not wrecked his knee so bad it wouldent' of gotten the pity party 9 page run that it has over on mojo and just would a been laughter fodder for Monday morning quarterbacking.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hello Kitty said:
i wonder what fool told him to run it so squishy...besides quit beating a dead horse they guy grabbed a handful of front brake and went otb end of story if he had not wrecked his knee so bad it wouldent' of gotten the pity party 9 page run that it has over on mojo and just would a been laughter fodder for Monday morning quarterbacking.

Whoa! A Hello Kitty sighting!!!!

:D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
LOL...
Dude bit it HARD.
Too bad he got hurt.
Still funny though. Just like it is funny when I do something stupid.
Which I have been known to do.

J

JRB

N8 said:
..are you posting from the Ladies Room or where ever it is you hide at when Kitty shows?

:p
Of course. I posted on Mojo for you to join Wumpus and myself in Tyler this weekend. We'll be there Friday and Saturday.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
loco said:
Of course. I posted on Mojo for you to join Wumpus and myself in Tyler this weekend. We'll be there Friday and Saturday.

Tyler is in good shape. We hit it last weekend.

Why not you and Wumpus drive just a wee-bit further east and hit The Monkey Trail? I think y'all would like it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
finally saw the video -- can't at work. It's not really sad or funny. He's obviously a newbie and wasn't listening to his coaches. I'm surprised they don't have a paramedic on scene to stitch all the n00bs up.

I did something similar a couple years back, needed four stitches and a drain.

So, in summary, don't bother posting stuff like this unless it's funny :blah:

J

JRB

N8 said:
Tyler is in good shape. We hit it last weekend.

Why not you and Wumpus drive just a wee-bit further east and hit The Monkey Trail? I think y'all would like it.
Hrmmm - maybe a day trip from there on Saturday.