Quantcast

Humans are fucking pigs

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

In 1977 I worked for beach maintenance in the city of Santa Monica we had 3000 55 gallon garbage cans on a two mile stretch of beach. on the morning of 5th of July we started the beach clean up at 2 am with 2 3axle 6x6 garbage trucks, 4 tractors pulling sand rakes to rake the trash into rows so that the tractor pulling the sand sifter could dump the trash that missed the cans into 6x6 dump trucks. At first light the 60 man crew of pickers headed out to get what was missed , they carried canvas shoulder bags and a spiked staff.

The garbage trucks made 4 trips to the transfer station to dump their loads before the second shift came on and did the same, the 6x6s did double that. the pickers would empty their shoulder bags into the now emptied 55 gallon drums as they walked along. It would take us 3-4 days to get 95% of the trash left on the beaches cleaned up. And that is why they charge $6 per car to park at the beach, to cover the cost of cleaning up the mess left behind

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Let the dumbfucks at the league to save lake tahoe clean it up.

70 years in existence and they still can't seem to put out trash bins for large weekends. Too busy suing people over pointless crap like logo protection. They sure do love to bitch though.

FYI, it's fireworks. There used to be some in my zipcode and the beach always looked like that. Haven't had fireworks since covid, one drone show last year.

Guess which year was worse than the other two and guess what this year looked like with nothing.

Our taxes go towards 'promoting tourism'. The people who do that should clean it up.

I like to think that there's some element that comes up here thinking "this is where all the smug pricks live, here, have some trash, fuck you"

That brings me at least a little bit of joy.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Speaking of littering in Tahoe, my friend's son took his plane for a little swim in the lake over the weekend.
Oops!
This is not a problem with the right kind of airplane.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
seriously...

dumbfuck lived thanks to to some quick acting SAR folks

Much like ocean gate, far too much money spent saving stupid dangerous brats
Apparently you guys got real problems: