Quantcast

hummerz

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Camper tops are awesome if you need a truck for towing and hauling big items in, but also want the option of secure storage for road trips.

Dually's are also perfecty fine if you have a 30'+ boat, bobcat, or a few Jeeps to tow.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i'd send a link to the site if it was possible. (instead, it's an all-flash site that loads in a popup) can't say I expect much from the company...

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Camper tops are awesome if you need a truck for towing and hauling big items in, but also want the option of secure storage for road trips.

Dually's are also perfecty fine if you have a 30'+ boat, bobcat, or a few Jeeps to tow.
only thing a dually is good for is pullin stock trailers

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i was reading a car and driver report and they were talking about the recent gm cars that are going to the chopping block and one of them was the H3. they said that although the car is not practical at all for daily driving, it's by far the best STOCK off road vehicle out there.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Thanks for the laugh :rofl:
x2.

Any H2, H3 or any derivative of either is a complete ****box that would be TERRIBLE as any type of trail rig. Large, top heavy, IFS, open-diffed and underpowered aren't want you want in an offroad vehicle.

Then again you read that in C&D, so there's really no need to argue with the assertion.

Last edited:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The truck version actually looked really promising. Front and rear lockers, 2 speed transfer case, and a real bed.
Though, when you look at the power/weight numbers, the price, and the mileage, a Toyota looks like a lot better deal.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wonder if the slantback would fit a colorado. For some reason, I love the look of that design. I guess it reminds me of a hatchback, which is a reasonable car to own. I don't need a full cap for groceries, but I don't want a tonneau either. Might be more aerodynamic, too.

I hate the H3 though. I want to like it, but I just don't. The truck version is huge though, and even worse than the original. There was talk of an H4, which I'm sure is scrapped now, that would be more of a wrangler competitor, albeit with independent long travel suspension, which sounded pretty cool.

Monkey
Isuzu called, it says the Vehicross didn't work back even when gas was cheap.....so.....yeah.

and I LOVE the reduced cargo space in the spacious rear compartment. And for the love of God don't get a spec of dirt on that gnar Yoga shuttle vehicle.

But seriously, it might work with a decent diesel.

oh wait, that was this:

with a decent 5 cylinder turbodiesel? that would be rad.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well, the vehicross was an epic fail at least partly due to the fact that it was absolutely hideous. And while you would get more space with a wagonback, the millions of people driving hatches now don't seem to mind.

But yeah, it's got a long way to go before it's practical. Still a cool vehicle, IMO, and IRS is a very nice touch.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Got a customer who still drives the Vehicross. Getting parts for that thing (especially body parts) is damn near impossible. After swapping the clutch, I took it out on a local truck trail. Not bad for an Isuzu. Definately better than the trooper or rodeo. Any 4x4 4cyl toyota was better though.