Quantcast

..:: Hump day GMT ::..

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yo now! Decided last night i'm tired of being fat. Not tired of eating good food and drinking good beer, just tired of the side effect. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Went to the park with my little girl and played after work. We had such a great time acting the fool after hours. She has her mock first day at middle school today and I get to pick her up at lunch. She is so excited, I hope it all goes well.

Maybe my school was weird, but my middle school was only 7/8, hers is 6/7/8 and Forest Grove (where we used to live) is 5/6/7/8. I guess elementary as 1/2/3/4, middle as 5/6/7/8, and high school as 9/10/11/12 does make the most sense.

My school was just weird, then.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

Went to the park with my little girl and played after work. We had such a great time acting the fool after hours. She has her mock first day at middle school today and I get to pick her up at lunch. She is so excited, I hope it all goes well.

Maybe my school was weird, but my middle school was only 7/8, hers is 6/7/8 and Forest Grove (where we used to live) is 5/6/7/8. I guess elementary as 1/2/3/4, middle as 5/6/7/8, and high school as 9/10/11/12 does make the most sense.

My school was just weird, then.
in virginia...

elementary 1st-6th
junior high 7th-9th
high school 10th-12th

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Off to the airport again. sandy eggo to NY.

Checking into the Waldorf astoria for the next 4 days
Go to Mulberry St for your pick of amazing Italian food, Lombardi's on Spring Stret for the best pizza you'll ever have, Canal Street a block over for bootleg junk, or head uptown to 125th street to Dinosaur BBQ. Harlem ain't what it used to be, don't be scurred.

Last edited:

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
in virginia...

elementary 1st-6th
junior high 7th-9th
high school 10th-12th
Same in WA state.
At least it was where I went.

Taking the wife and kid to the Sounders Open Cup game tonight! I don't know who is the most excited! The child plays soccer non-stop now and we have to cheer for the "Sounders" when he is kicking the ball around! It's pretty cool!! I played soccer for a long time in my younger years an am excited to see him interested in the same things!!

Have a good day everyone!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here it varies by school district. Hell - it even varies by *school*...

At my kids' school it's actually *optional* to go to Middle School for 6th grade. Or the parents can keep their 6th grader at the elementary.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
School stuff.
So Cal:
1-6, 7-8, 9-12

In-law's are in town until tomrrow. Father-in-law has been a professional farmer for his entire life, so he was able to help me with the garden this morning. Got a bunch more planted and we weeded a large planting area for wifey to plan with flowers.

Otherwise at work today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So Cal:
1-6, 7-8, 9-12
I do recall them adding 6th grade when I was in about 3rd. Back then we only had the 1 middle school being fed by 8 elementary schools.

Her middle school only has 4 schools feeding into this one and it's right down the street from the high school, too.

I am working 4/10's this week. I love not having paid vacation.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning! Working here. Got ish to do. Then I can have a clear mind to focus on a Sounders win tonight! Whoop whoop!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
There are still a few pockets left where a fella ought to know how to handle himself, like, say, a mob-run strip club frequented by the Hells Angels deep in a working-class Polish neighborhood.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Little sensitive about the NJ part. Don't go Butch on me now :)

Please update me on your current location so I do not associate you with wrong state.
back to philly. still couch surfing in NJ though while I finish out my current job. Actually staying w/ PJ tonight & tomo night.