Quantcast

HUMP[diddy] HUMP HUMP day

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sup ppl

Ebay seller will "help me out" for giving me the wrong Q factor. Do I try and return the cranks that I have no use for but paid very little money for, risking not being able to do so, or do I request like $20 and then try and sell them locally, making my life easier and making it a wash in the end anyways?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Sandwich can you swap spindle to the right length?

Dog shaped object did her random barking thing at 3:30. I presumed there was a critter somewhere outside so I shouted at her to shut up and go back to bed.

Then got up to a mud room that looked like it had been used for a german sheisse film...

I can't normally abide pointless candles being burned, but now I can't find one to improve the odor of the house...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich can you swap spindle to the right length?
Can't swap spindles- it's a single side fixed setup. I paid about $60- they are brand new and I'm sure someday I'll need them, otherwise I can probably sell them for $40 or $50 and get my money out of them. They are a MTB spacing and I need road, seller advertised road (he's since changed the ebay ad...oops!)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dogo barking at 3:30, WTF. Had to get gas on the way in and the pumps were having issues due to cold. Took nearly 10 minutes to get $10, it would have been an hour to fill it at least. Not a good start to my day.

Also found out that my contract is only until the 20th, not EOM. So no pressure there. Say they are working on an extension still. No word yet after the awkward interview, not sure if that's good or bad.

Might be a slow ass day today. :drag:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
T - 2h until I get up from this desk at work, hop in the car, and drive to Copper to ski a few hours.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wrk. Final informal interview with company A this afternoon, waiting for feedback from company B. No rush on their side is noted, too bad, that job sounds way more exciting (and risky).

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
14 more hours to hump.
Forgot to tell this cool story bro...
Saw ski patrol blasting at Loveland last saturday, thought it was cool, we cheered from the lift. next run saw patrol further down right above the cat track that goes back to the base, a lot closer than the first time, so close we could smell the charge & feel it deep in our gut. we saw the slide & it slid over the cat track. We did a run & then they closed that side but let us ski over the debris. /coolstorybro

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hiring manager was sick during my time with the team, I got grilled by others in her absence. We have yet to figure out how much we hate each other as hoomans.
Temptation...........Rising..........
Step 1: grab said engine's blueprints and sell to Chinese agent
Step 2: buy ticket to boston, ride bikes with us
Step 3: jump off a cliff or our tallest building if Step 2 didn't help

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the recruiter lady said it would be quiet until after the new year. It's now the 8th and have not heard anything. Do I email and ask WTF? Or do I let it marinade this week and if Nothing by Monday, WTF?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Wife heads out for a girls trip tonight, so I am free until Monday. I shall celebrate by going to bed at 8:00 every night. No boys trips for me though, mostly because nobody likes me and I have no friends. :monkey:

I swam this morning for the first time since November. 1800 slow-as-fuck yards. I enjoyed being a lazy asshole the past two months, but it's back to a regular swim schedule now. I've got an hour to do on the monocle bike trainer tonight.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I eliminated alcohol during the job hunting season and am back to sleeping no more than 6 hours a night.

So the recruiter lady said it would be quiet until after the new year. It's now the 8th and have not heard anything. Do I email and ask WTF? Or do I let it marinade this week and if Nothing by Monday, WTF?
I would remind them now, it shows your interest and ability to execute. You already gave them a week anyway.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn

So, the floor below me in my already dreadful new office is getting demo'd and remodeled.

It sounds like an out of time steel drum band, numbering the thousands, receiving electroshock therapy, while a street cleaner lined with hundreds of sharp fingernails drives slowly down a road made out of a chalkboard. So I've got that going for me for the next "6-8 weeks".

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

So, the floor below me in my already dreadful new office is getting demo'd and remodeled.

It sounds like an out of time steel drum band, numbering the thousands, receiving electroshock therapy, while a street cleaner lined with hundreds of sharp fingernails drives slowly down a road made out of a chalkboard. So I've got that going for me for the next "6-8 weeks".
That’s my regular Spotify playlist.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
what are you looking at?
Fuck if I know. Definitely something less beefy than my RFX since I don't need that much bike any more. I liked the Pivot 429 I demoed, so I'll look at more stuff like that. I haven't been paying attention to the latest and greatest in MTB, so I've got a lot to figure out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fuck if I know. Definitely something less beefy than my RFX since I don't need that much bike any more. I liked the Pivot 429 I demoed, so I'll look at more stuff like that. I haven't been paying attention to the latest and greatest in MTB, so I've got a lot to figure out.
check out the guerilla gravity trail pistol.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to the bank to get cash and laundry quarters.
Spend the next month getting emails from the bank about how my opinion regarding that transaction is important to them, and how they’d like me to take a 5 minute survey about getting quarters.

What a wonderful time to be alive.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I have devolved back to an early rigid Surly 1x1. You guys have tires that cost more than my whole bike.