Quantcast

Humpday GMT

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
well well well-many uptown companies giving early dismissal b/c of uncertainty about protests/rioting. too bad i have to work late... #DANGER

or maybe it's all a welcome home party for @stevew :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode Butter Gap to Longbranch then decided to bail on Farlow. The grind up to it was not appealing nor was doing it solo. Went back down the hill and over to Cove Creek. Missed the connector to Daniel and ended up riding more gravel to get to Daniel. Ripped down Daniel back to the car. Five hours total for the last day of summer.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
our 11yo started liking sushi last year-made me happy!

stopped at a bar on the way home, drinking a double coffee porter-13% but sure doesn't taste it. dangerous!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Victory stuff is good. Sorry, not sharing Night shift, all mine mine mine! How about Trillium, heard about that one, yet? :D

Had some trillium along with the night shift. Also top notch.

I'd be willing to trade some Victory for either :brows: victory is close to my office.

Edit: from trillium I've had cutting tile, regular summer street ipa, and fort pt double dry hopped

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
mmmmmm....we can get much victory here. i still credit two victory imperial ipas at lunch on opening day at beech mtn with me wrecking and cracking my rib on my first post-lunch run last year.

I still say 13.1% double coffee porter > dipa.

enjoying some of these right meow.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
daniel is fun :D

The section after Farlow is still pretty much the same. A lot of the old lines were still there, but rocks tend to take a lot longer to erode. The section before that had some serious erosion problems. One root chute into a right handed switchback I attempted a few years ago and endoed. Now it's something out of a trials video.

Since moving away from that area ten years ago I don't get up there often and can really tell the difference in how the trails were back then. There is an obvious problem from increased traffic and erosion. I'm all for some gnar, but some of the pedal grabbing ruts need work. Pisgah has gotten way rougher then when I lived there.

I've read some of the threads on mtbr about the subject and kept my perspective rooted in how I remembered the trails. Middle Black is a good example since I don't remember doing anything other than blasting down it, not picking a line through bottom bracket deep ruts.

Not by any means suggesting Pisgah get glazed over into flow trails like Lower Black, but there is definitely a problem than needs a solution.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not by any means suggesting Pisgah get glazed over into flow trails like Lower Black, but there is definitely a problem than needs a solution.
there are two solutions, which I've seen play out in wilsons. either let nature take its course and eventually the ruts will get filled back in naturally or acceptable alternative lines will develop. or. toss some rocks in the ruts. I'd still rather deal either of those that than neutering everything imba style.

in any case, sounds like you had an epic three day pisgah experience,. super jealous.

next. wilson's. SOON. . . .

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
there are two solutions, which I've seen play out in wilsons. either let nature take its course and eventually the ruts will get filled back in naturally or acceptable alternative lines will develop. or. toss some rocks in the ruts. I'd still rather deal either of those that than neutering everything imba style.

in any case, sounds like you had an epic three day pisgah experience,. super jealous.

next. wilson's. SOON. . . .
It was an awesome three days. Rollin solo in Pisgah almost guarantees not seeing many other people if any at all once away from the trailhead.

I got in a total of 13 hours, didn't get rained on, had no crashes or mechanicals, saw a turkey, a pink frog, a black snake, and a lot of bear poop.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Helped build some forms today. Hard work doesn't build character. It makes you angry and illustrates others stupidity. Pretty sure of it actually.

Ever notice that you can ride your ass off and be energized for the effort. And build forms and be demoralized for the effort.. I am so sore.

Last edited: