Quantcast

$$$Humpderp GMT$$$

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I hate stupid people. I've been getting letters and calls from our credit union that the VIN for our Infiniti doesn't match the VIN on our insurance and registration. Turns out that upon initial registration, the dealer filed it under the wrong VIN. The insurance company cross checking the registration 'corrected' the VIN, but never notified us. The CU is now looking at this saying that we have a loan for a car with no insurance or ownership. I'm chasing my tail like a dog. To add insult to injury, the car is registered in Wifey's name so I can't do anything about the registration and she is travelling a ton this month. All because the dealer fucked up. :panic:

Otherwise, work.
Just tell them they are right, you didn't purchase a vehicle with that VIN and they can feel free to cancel the loan. Free car!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
don't have any experience with the magicshine, and didn't really research it when i was comparing options. i remember reading a few of their first gen models had issues with batteries catching fire. it was allegedly fixed in the next version, but that was enough to deter me.
after many months with my MS Eagle M2 I am quite happy with it. beam patterns are nice. run times are close to as advertised. full power is bright as hell

go to 2 minute mark to see full power

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Boss has different view of recent political events than I do. He came to talk to me like we don't have this difference. Mildly uncomfortable.
Oooo..... I had this happen with my admin yesterday. It got race-y shockingly quickly and she made a whole bunch of assumptions about this hippie. They were corrected, and I think we both see each other in much less favorable terms now. Guess I better start checking my paychecks a lot closer.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Oooo..... I had this happen with my admin yesterday. It got race-y shockingly quickly and she made a whole bunch of assumptions about this hippie. They were corrected, and I think we both see each other in much less favorable terms now. Guess I better start checking my paychecks a lot closer.
Somebody uttered something along the lines of: I don't see what people are upset about; he's just keeping the bad guys out.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Boss has different view of recent political events than I do. He came to talk to me like we don't have this difference. Mildly uncomfortable.
Tell him that you completely agree as somebody with a pre-existing condition and walk away. What him panic when he starts thinking about HR.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The assumptions were made about me too and some are drastically wrong. Yes, I'm an upper-middle class white male. But I have pre-existing conditions, went to hippieland for school, and have been homeless. I like my granola crunchy and well educated.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Top of the motning to you too!

Did some more electrical work last night. Maybe I should have been an electrician instead, I find the work rather soothing and relaxing.
The only electrician I have known was also a part time crack dealer in the mid 80s. He worked Washington Park in his Ford Bronco before OJ made them popular.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Tell him that you completely agree as somebody with a pre-existing condition and walk away. What him panic when he starts thinking about HR.
"you voted for trump, right?"

"Holy jesus, this hippie? Fuck no!"

"Well, I don't see why not."

"Mary, You are aware of my medical history, more than almost anyone here. My wife has pre-existing conditions too. I was halfway to a lifetime cap at age twenty-fucking-eight. And these are among the least of my concerns when it comes to that fascist in clown makeup dipshit"

"oh, but......"

It went downhill from there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Somebody uttered something along the lines of: I don't see what people are upset about; he's just keeping the bad guys out.
fuck off and die might not work at your place of employment...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It has both a flood and a spot beam. You can run either or both at the same time with five different power settings
Cool. The ituo has a narrow spot, wide spot, and flood. You can swap out any combination you want; 2 for the xp2, 3 for the xp3.

The ituo has 3 power settings, low/med/high. You can program each one in 10% power intervals

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
No it was the real thing. Japanese restaurant where there is always a lot of Japanese people eating there too. They also have Sapporo on darft.
Ippudo?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I had good experiences at Ippudo, but it has been a few years (thankfully!).