Quantcast

Humplstiltskin GMT

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning.

Lots going on at Casa de Trucker… sold my GG/DH yesterday (sorry @mtg it was time) for a fistful of Benjamins, getting my Yeti 4X bike cleaned up and ready to be sold (hopefully to @stoney or @Nick), scouring Craig’s list and driving around Denver for boxes, snapping pictures of furniture we don’t want any more, and meeting with potential realtors to list our townhouse. Oh, and we're still planning that wedding this fall...

A few days ago Teh Financèe accepted an offer for an OR nurse position at a hospital in a town that we’ve been eyeballing a move to for years, her start date is in early July. The opportunity came up pretty unexpectedly so we’re on the fast track to GTFO of the Front Strange, leave all our friends and life as we know it in the dust to watch them slowly shrink in the rear view as we mash down the gas pedal with the van pointed west, the music blaring, and our middle fingers out the windows. I’m just glad I hadn’t bought ski passes for next season yet.

But enough about me… how’s your day?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So what you're saying is that the Front Range is played out?

Normal day for me, mostly. Virtual appt to meet my new neuro doctor today. My last two have moved on in quick succession (after >8 yrs and 6 months), so now to number 3. Then client meetings - one wants me to meet with her and her CFP to discuss one of the investments she's in and how her retirement plan works. I personally wouldn't have a ton of confidence in said CFP if they couldn't figure out the structure of the investment from the information that I sent them, but my opinion doesn't matter here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good morning.

Lots going on at Casa de Trucker… sold my GG/DH yesterday (sorry @mtg it was time) for a fistful of Benjamins, getting my Yeti 4X bike cleaned up NBA bd ready to be sold (hopefully to @stoney or @Nick), scouring Craig’s list for boxes, snapping pictures of furniture we don’t want any more, and meeting with potential realtors to list our townhouse.

A few days ago Teh Financèe accepted an offer for an OR nurse position at a hospital in a town that we’ve been eyeballing a move to for years, her start date is in early July. So we’re on the fast track to GTFO of Golden and the Front Strange, leave all our friends and life as we know it in the dust, slowly shrinking in the rear view as we mash down the gas pedal with the van pointed west, the music blaring, and our middle fingers out the windows. I’m just glad I hadn’t bought ski passes for next season yet.

1623243261617.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
taking a sick day, because i'm sick of everyone's bullshit. today is the last day of 90 degrees and humidity, with chance of rain. need to clean the house pretty substantially, purge a bunch of nonsense as it's getting out of hand.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
details por favor.
2004 Yeti 4X Special Projects bike number 94/100. Size long, which ain't all that long compared to modern bikes but whatever it's a 26er dirtjump/slalom/4X bike. Fox 831 fork. DT Swiss EX1750 wheels. XT drivetrain and brakes. e13 chainring and guide.Thomson stem and post. Fox RP23 rear shock that was Push'd with a big ol' internal volume reducer/bottom out bumper to make it actually work for this application. Sunline 745 bars. ODI Ruffians. Bullshit Schwalbe tires, might pick up some Kenda Small Block 8s from @Nick if he doesn't end up with this bike to make it a bit more nice nice. Rear rim has a dent in it, rear brake needs bleed. Otherwise... froggin' A it's a neat bike. Like the GG/DH I'm really attached to it, but I never ride it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Not much to report here. May try to sneak in a ride later cause I can, but we'll see if the weather plays along.

Good morning.

Lots going on at Casa de Trucker… sold my GG/DH yesterday (sorry @mtg it was time) for a fistful of Benjamins, getting my Yeti 4X bike cleaned up and ready to be sold (hopefully to @stoney or @Nick), scouring Craig’s list and driving around Denver for boxes, snapping pictures of furniture we don’t want any more, and meeting with potential realtors to list our townhouse. Oh, and we're still planning that wedding this fall...

A few days ago Teh Financèe accepted an offer for an OR nurse position at a hospital in a town that we’ve been eyeballing a move to for years, her start date is in early July. The opportunity came up pretty unexpectedly so we’re on the fast track to GTFO of the Front Strange, leave all our friends and life as we know it in the dust to watch them slowly shrink in the rear view as we mash down the gas pedal with the van pointed west, the music blaring, and our middle fingers out the windows. I’m just glad I hadn’t bought ski passes for next season yet.

Ehem, for for uninformed, where you off to?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
YO. I turned off the alarm clock this morning and slept in. Got myself 10 hours of sleep. The roofers finished the garage yesterday and are now hammering away on the house.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2004 Yeti 4X Special Projects bike number 94/100. Size long, which ain't all that long compared to modern bikes but whatever it's a 26er dirtjump/slalom/4X bike. Fox 831 fork. DT Swiss EX1750 wheels. XT drivetrain and brakes. e13 chainring and guide.Thomson stem and post. Fox RP23 rear shock that was Push'd with a big ol' internal volume reducer/bottom out bumper to make it actually work for this application. Sunline 745 bars. ODI Ruffians. Bullshit Schwalbe tires, might pick up some Kenda Small Block 8s from @Nick if he doesn't end up with this bike to make it a bit more nice nice. Rear rim has a dent in it, rear brake needs bleed. Otherwise... froggin' A it's a neat bike. Like the GG/DH I'm really attached to it, but I never ride it.
whoa one of the OG ones.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Doing Laundry drinking espresso, getting ready to wash and debug the camper. Boss doesn't know I'm back a day early and he will not know. Walked out back and I just noticed that my Pepper plants are flowering....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
At work...

14K on the roadie last night, kick off the season...

Window shopping for an enduro/trail bike to commute to and from work on the daily...

Should never had sold all my bikes. Glad I held onto the Roadster.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. At Children’s Hospital, vaccine trial visit 1 for kids 1 and 2.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ima die. :fie: :fie: :fie:

Also: I like shuttles. :homer:

Related - whatchoo guys doin' 'bout housing? Got rental lined up? Does it have crash-space?? Asking for a friend. :brows:
Yeah we already have a rental lined up, which is amazing. A buddy down there just closed on a house to (eventually) move his mom in to, but she ain't ready to move in yet. So, they're gonna rent it to us month-to-month while we look for a place. It's small as but it'll be fine for us for a year or less, hopefully quite a bit less. So... kinda "not really" to the crash-space question? But we do have a van with a bed in it, and possibly ample parking, so TBD on the actual reality of crash-space. We fully intend on having reasonable visitor accommodations when we do buy a place... though I'm gonna take bets on how long it takes before I'm sick and frogging tired of our dirtbag Front Strange friends crashing there. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah we already have a rental lined up, which is amazing. A buddy down there just closed on a house to (eventually) move his mom in to, but she ain't ready to move in yet. So, they're gonna rent it to us month-to-month while we look for a place. It's small as but it'll be fine for us for a year or less, hopefully quite a bit less. So... kinda "not really" to the crash-space question? But we do have a van with a bed in it, and possibly ample parking, so TBD on the actual reality of crash-space. We fully intend on having reasonable visitor accommodations when we do buy a place... though I'm gonna take bets on how long it takes before I'm sick and frogging tired of our dirtbag Front Strange friends crashing there. ;)

How long until you can start complaining about people ruining mountain towns by moving there?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm kind of excited. I will be canoeing this route after work today:
1623255349108.png

One of my good riding buddies is a fisheries biologist. We've grown sick and tired of the border closure and not being to ride the good trails. He's as stoked (if not more so) on fishing and hunting. He suggested we could paddle this stretch or river and see what we can catch. I haven't fished in years, probably since I've been a kid out in the 1000 Islands. It'll be nice to do something different, so I just bought a 3-year conservation fishing license and will give it a go. My kids ask about fishing a lot, so I figured I'll try and learn a thing or two.

It'll be nice to be able to sit and chat rather than huff and puff up a hill. There may be beers involved too. (though tbh, I'm not sure what the rules are about that...)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I always get a chuckle when people become afraid after seeing signs of large mammals in the woods. With the proliferation of people deciding to become outdoorsy in the past year I think I am going to start to embed small bells and chunks of clothing into any turds I see on trails.