Quantcast

Humplstiltskin GMT

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I always get a chuckle when people become afraid after seeing signs of large mammals in the woods. With the proliferation of people deciding to become outdoorsy in the past year I think I am going to start to embed small bells and chunks of clothing into any turds I see on trails.
When I see missing dog posters in the park where I hike I think if someone lost their dog then it was most likely eaten by a coyote. Saw plenty of fur covered turds on the trail long before actually seeing one right in front of me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Finally finished mapping and cataloging my Rock collection. 1400 samples. Only 1200 positively identified. I now have a system to work on the 200 remaining samples. Hopefully I can get it done before I die. Goals seem negative at this point....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Finally finished mapping and cataloging my Rock collection. 1400 samples. Only 1200 positively identified. I now have a system to work on the 200 remaining samples. Hopefully I can get it done before I die. Goals seem negative at this point....
What if they are from Mars? Or Uranus?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just mix the remainder with some cement, label it concrete and celebrate a job completed.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The number of dogs eaten by coyotes probably approaches zero.
Large one across the open space got attacked by a pack last week. They killed and ate it in the backyard. Fucking gnarly. Layla doesn't go out after dark currently.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Large one across the open space got attacked by a pack last week. They killed and ate it in the backyard. Fucking gnarly. Layla doesn't go out after dark currently.
Coyotes aren't pack animals. They will tolerate others outside of a family group when convenient.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm kind of excited. I will be canoeing this route after work today:
View attachment 161099

One of my good riding buddies is a fisheries biologist. We've grown sick and tired of the border closure and not being to ride the good trails. He's as stoked (if not more so) on fishing and hunting. He suggested we could paddle this stretch or river and see what we can catch. I haven't fished in years, probably since I've been a kid out in the 1000 Islands. It'll be nice to do something different, so I just bought a 3-year conservation fishing license and will give it a go. My kids ask about fishing a lot, so I figured I'll try and learn a thing or two.

It'll be nice to be able to sit and chat rather than huff and puff up a hill. There may be beers involved too. (though tbh, I'm not sure what the rules are about that...)
My buddy used my beginners luck for himself. Said it was the biggest walleye he's ever caught:
1623293260979.png