Quantcast

huntin' season?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
So the warnings are going up in our local groups here in MA about hunting season and what to wear so you don't get shot at. Is this a problem that many of the rest of you face in the rest of the country?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yup. i usually dont worry about it too much because my bike is so loud. you could also mount a bell to your bars and ring it every once in a while.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
There are a few spots around here that are popular with both hunters and mountain bikers. During hunting season I usually only ride at these places on Sundays when hunting is not allowed on public land.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We have some hunters that share a couple of our trail systems locally. Generally we try to make plenty of noise and dress in bright colors at our SMBA trails as there have been some bow hunters back there (illegally) lately. We don't ride Spier Falls as much this time of year because of the hunting season. As a hunter, I tend to stay away from the bike areas.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Here in central and eastern NC, hunting land shared with biking land is kinda par for the course. Some of our trails are shared with Wildlife Resourse Commission land, which means that come late September, it's Sunday riding only. We get along surprisingly well.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dhtahoe said:
Oh yeah. I like to take people I don't like riding and lend them my special helmet. "Hey cool helmet I like the antlers".

One of our local spots has hunting, and I remember last year D[enter fancy B here]R offered me his antler helmet......

We actually got in a fight with one of the hunters, as we were blasting by he was yelling at us for riding...... and that was on one of the legal trails :) Someone yelled somthing back, but we didnt stick around to find out what would happen