Quantcast

Huntsville 10(0)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
This is a free 100 mile ride Saturday July 31. There is NO support so you need to bring everything that you will need to survive the ride. Plan on around 9 hours if you are attempting the whole ride. It’s going to be VERY HOT so bring lots of fluids, not just water but some sports drinks also. You will also need to bring food to eat during the ride. This is an excellent ride if you are thinking about attempting a solo endurance race (12/24 or 100 mile format.) But keep in mind that it’s a ‘ride’ and should be about having fun.
Most people late year attempted the 10 laps which is actually only a little over 80 miles but we had one do the full 100. I’ll be doing the full 100.
I’ll bring score cards so you can keep track of your laps and lap times, you will have to log them yourself.
Gates open at 7:30 am and we will start at 8 am. If you look on the map the TA will be set up around camp spots 106 and 109 (or very close to them if they are free.) If they are not free and that section is taken up we will probably just go up to the information center and ride out of there, please be flexible.
Again there will be no support so you will need to supply everything.
ALSO depending on how I’m feeling I’m going to attempt another 100 at double lake the next day. There is absolutely no organization in that ride at all. Show up, ride, brag. That’s about it.
Oh if you don’t want to do the whole thing come out and ride with us anyway.
Have fun
T

PS please do not disturb the trail we will run the normal route and I’ll try to find a map and mark and post so you will know the approximate route.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/huntsvil/huntsvillemap.pdf