Quantcast

hurricane matthew

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
someone i no longer give two shits about lives down there...

not worried about it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
we're cool in the clt. raleigh monkeys will get a bunch of wind and rain.

hurricane bullisht is one of the many reasons we couldn't get out of Florida fast enough.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
My sister's family left Charleston and is staying with us in the upstate. This morning I stayed home from work and rode moto and bikes with her two sons on my trails. So far for me: Jeremy 1 Hurricane 0.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
any of your SE monkeys going to be affected by this storm?
holy balls it looks like a big'un ...

my oldest son his wife and my three grandchildren are in st Augustine

the women and children evacuated but my son and his fil stayed to take care of house idk what they are thinking

Sep 11, 2015
Well, we're talking about South Carolina, but I still see your point. Riding it out in low country doesn't sound like a great idea.

The least he could do if he's gonna stick it out is live blahg the storm surge overtaking his surroundings.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Kitesurfing should be great!

Absolutely!

Raleigh monkey here, and we're not expecting too much other than a fair bit of cloud urine and breezy conditions. Went ahead and threw mold covered carpets over jumps and landers in case shit gets real. And yes, it occurred to me that I've spent more time and effort fortifying lumps of dirt than my own house. #priorities

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Family in south Florida (West Palm area) said it was no biggie down there. In central NC, we got our jumps carpeted yesterday so the 5 inches of piss won't screw things up too badly. Think I'll get drunk in the woods and figure out what new trail is getting built this winter...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I just did a few little drainage tweeks to get backyard pumptrack to weather things as best as is possible. It's getting saturated around here already so when we get 3 inches in 1 hour there will probably be some minor flooding which could include my basement...