Quantcast

hut

musicman

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
do your dirt jumps have a hut, or some kind of established chill spot? it seems all the spots around here do, so i was wondrin if it was a local thing or if its nation wide.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i think the tents actually holding up well lately.. that shiz used to fall every weekend.. tying the poles with tubes has helped a ton i think..

we should build up a bigger one with all the peeps that have been showing up.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I don't know. This stuff was here long b4 I got to these parts. We just try to keep it up and good shape. I bet you could pick it up for cheap at a military surplus shop.
They come in handy when you need to avoid a Police helicopter , good thing to keep in your trunk :clapping: never know when you might need to hide your ride !

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I almost put that up... I figured you'd come through. It is a bad azz hut.

Sheep used to have an awesome hut... heard it got plowed, though.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
our hut is straight pimp, room for about 8 heads, carved out seats, hooks for bags and a trash can. gilligan and the skipper would be proud...
The circle berm right out in front of the hut is pretty trick. Used to have something similar on the dj's in my back yard.

I've never really thought of a "hut". I always just sought refuge from the sun. Usually a tree, or temporary makeshift tarp/tent. The hut seems like it would make things more "homely", like I could hang out and have things to do even when I wasn't riding. Wild.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
our hut is straight pimp, room for about 8 heads, carved out seats, hooks for bags and a trash can. gilligan and the skipper would be proud...
Now that's a pimp hut , wonder what that would run you these days with so-cal real-estate prices ?? put a 52" plasma and Wi-Fi in there and I would never leave !!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
ahahahahaha brad, you crazy man!!!1 our hut consists of uhhhh, trees? and the steepy bmx jumps have pipes, i can still wiggle in to hide from enviromentalist butch lesbians who ransack us to save the atmosphere, as far as cops go, we have dropepd the biker ones so much they dont bother chasing us, we have conversations lol

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
I've never seen a hut at trails. Out here it's usually just some down logs to sit on. Of course here in the PNW we have these things called trees and shade. Really, who builds jumps that aren't in the woods?:disgust1:

I guess it all comes down to the geography and flora of your area. Or maybe I just don't get to the cool trails with huts.:disgust:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
no hut but i havea colection of old chairs i get from the back
of the oldfolks home down the road. a plastic shower chair,
bent up steel folding and a wooden cloth seat with no back.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
EWWWW old people shower chairs. That would take all the heat right out of a good ride for me. :twitch:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
As cool as some of these huts look, I agree with Mudpuppy. No hut at our trails - pack out what you've packed in. I think it makes our spot a lot less of a chance for it to be a "hang-out" for little kids or dirtbags.