Quantcast

Hutch BMX

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Guys, Id figured Id tap into the far reaches of RM. I need to locate and buy an original Hutch frame or complete for a project that Im working on. Im not concerned with condition or parts. I would like it to be dent free however. If any of you has one or knows of one thats for sale please post up. Im also going to check with the guys at Vintage BMX.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Vintage will be your best bet as far as any information and possible bikes or frames for sale.

Ebay and Craiglist are good for searching for them as well.

I had a couple Hutchs BITD. They were cool bike and rode pretty well.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
You better be willing to throw down a bunch of cash cause they have been going for top dollar for the last ten years at least. Anyone that has one at this point has an idea that is worth quite a bit.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
what sucks is how many of those things I saw my buddies trade off/destroy/lose/get stolen BITD...If I'd only have known...

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
James

What Hutch frame are you looking for? I got two Trick Stars in the garage.
Thats the one. Its for a design company down here. Im really looking for frame/bars. Its going to get painted with the company logo and used as wall art. Ill build the rest of the frame up.

PM me please if youd want to let one go.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I have no Hutch bars. One of the frames is in very good shape and I doubt I would want to let it go. The other one has been painted numerous times (think rattle can job but with a brush thrown in) and if I remember correctly has a crack in the top tube. If it is to be used as wall art maybe it can be welded and re-painted?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
I have no Hutch bars. One of the frames is in very good shape and I doubt I would want to let it go. The other one has been painted numerous times (think rattle can job but with a brush thrown in) and if I remember correctly has a crack in the top tube. If it is to be used as wall art maybe it can be welded and re-painted?
Yea, the second one sounds like a good start for what I need. I was watching a few that were in good shape on ebay, but frames/bars were going for 250-500 and completes about double that.

How bad is the crack? Ill media blast it anways, its going to get a candy apple red paint and some red mags, the rest of the parts will be black.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
what sucks is how many of those things I saw my buddies trade off/destroy/lose/get stolen BITD...If I'd only have known...
I raced a Hutch Hollywood for a couple of years. Don't even remember what I did with it (sold it, gave it away, or something). Everything on it was original Hutch or DK parts except for the few things neither company made. Wish I could get my hands on another one. My bro had a orange Trickstar.