Quantcast

Hutchinson Bulldogs?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I got a set of these tires free...can't complain about that.

I can't find any reviews though. They *look* like they'd be good for as a "cut spike" sort of tire for moist and deep dirt conditions...but I usually can't be dicked to change my tires, especially for something that might suck. So, are they any good, and if so, what do they excel in?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
They are tires. Bikes need tires to win races. They are named "Bulldogs". Bulldog won the Pro GRT this past weekend. We can only conclude they will be awesome.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I have the 2.3 MRC UST version of the tire on the front of my xc/trail bike. I like the casing a lot for a trail bike that sees rough terrain (for a trail bike).

It does grip well in the mud and the MRC compound offers reasonable grip. I can't recall the front tire wanting to wash out, but I wasn't using it on a DH bike so I wasn't really pushing the bike into any corners.

The number one thing that I don't like about it is how narrow and squared off the side knobs are. The casing is wider than the side knobs and as such makes the tire look too narrow for a 2.3 and maybe just doesn't look confidence inspiring to me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They are tires. Bikes need tires to win races. They are named "Bulldogs". Bulldog won the Pro GRT this past weekend. We can only conclude they will be awesome.
Sound logic. I know they're tires, but kidwoo can look through a telescope backwards at a pair of tires and see if the microsiping was done by canadian or american hands, so I figured I'd ask if anybody had experience with these...

thanks questionmarkguy, I noticed that about the side knobs too, but I didn't look too hard as free and tires.