Quantcast

Hybrids: who drives one?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So I've been comuting from the ventura area down to L.A. and the O.C. 40 to 100 miles each way alot lately and my Rover just doesn't get great milage. so the question is this what type of hwy milage are you guys getting in you hybrids and are they any fun to drive?

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
I have a 2004 prius, it gets better milage around town (about 56 mpg) on the freeway its closer to 50, it all depends on how fast you drive. As far as them being fun to drive, the best thing is the electronic display which tells you among other things what your current MPG is. So no they really are not fun to drive, but they do save a lot of gas.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd be surprised if it was more than 10 people on here that drove them.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
mmm, hybrid :drool:

driving one of those would be fun.

i've driven the prius and civic but don't own one. I'd probably look into the highlander or escape if i were looking now. hybrids tend to be a different sort of fun, because of their little screens that tell you how you're doing at energy conservation, so they make you drive super-conservatively. the first gen prius gives you a gold star every time you recover 50kwh (unit might be wrong). you could drive aggressively (traditional fun) but these make you want to save as much energy as possible which is fun in a different way...

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
maxyedor said:
Yes but monkeys seem to be fairly intouch with reality so those ten people could give a decent opinion
Sorry, I'm in touch with reality (as in I enjoy cars that have some torque and/or utility) but I have no opinion about hybrids and I can't see myself ever buying one.

Back to your "reality" now...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sorgie's wife just got a hybrid this year. I think he said they were getting excellent mileage (about 50) but I haven't seen him in a little while. You could PM him for some more details.