Quantcast

Hydration Salts or tablets?

I used to use a product from TwinLabs called "PhosFuel", that had salts and lactic acid buffers in it, and a buddy of mine just received a packet of Enervit tablets from another rider when he was cramping on a long ride. The Enervit wasn't marked on the package with ingredients, but I presume it was hydration salts, etc...

What do you know about which products are on the market for this? This is something I need to put in my pack for emergencies, and in my belly before long rides...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Personally I think they all work great - right now I favor Enervit GT but I have no idea whats in it; all the writing is in French. If I am on a budget (all the time now) I will use E-Caps Endurolytes and some vitamin B12.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Serial Midget said:
right now I favor Enervit GT .
word...I love those! Been using them for like 2 years now.

I recall doing this race in scorching heat, and end up cramping pretty bad even tho I was drinking plenty. I then got those tablets and never had any cramps after that! I even carry them when I DH...I get either the tube or the individually wrapped tablets (cheaper & easier to carry).

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've been using some stuff called "Elete", it's an electrolyte concentrate you add to water. It doesn't change the flavor of the water, and I haven't had a cramp since I started using it. One big difference with this stuff is, you are constantly replenishing your electrolytes as you drink your water, rather than just getting a big burst of electrolytes with a pill. http://www.paklyte.com/