Quantcast

Hyper extended knees?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
My knee keeps wanting to bend further back then it should. when I tighten my thigh muscle it feels the same way (like my knee wants to bend too far backwards).

Are there any exercises I can do to prevent this?

Something to strengthen my knee/leg?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
did you have a injury to your knee? i hyper-extended my knee twice it is absolutely horrible.

i did leg extensions/curls and the basic leg workouts at the gym after some time of rest to help build my strength up more

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
This recent knee issue seemed to show up out of nowhere. I have, in the past, screwed my knees up in various ways. but that was years ago. I didn't do anything to cause this current knee issue, it just suddenly started feeling really loose and unstable....

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Leg extensions and leg curls are two of the worst machines that are in the gym. If you have knee issues you should stay away from both, they will make your knee pain much worse

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Leg extensions and leg curls are two of the worst machines that are in the gym. If you have knee issues you should stay away from both, they will make your knee pain much worse
Most people try to move too much weight. The key to strenthening and rebuilding is low weights and high reps. Training the muscle memory with minimal resistance and increasing the blood flow for repair and strenthening of damaged tissue through lots of reps is what you want. adding weight is way down the line