Quantcast

Hypocritical Liberals...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I see you failed to mention that he went down there and was actually helping people...

Rightwinged mentality as always - try to make others look bad in order to make yourselves look tolerable.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Slugman said:
I see you failed to mention that he went down there and was actually helping people...
As "out there" as Mr. Penn may be with his politics or personal philosophy I have to give him mad props for actually getting out there and risking his health to help those people.

You don't see Pat Robertson out there waste deep in poop water helping people................. :rolleyes:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
As "out there" as Mr. Penn may be with his politics or personal philosophy I have to give him mad props for actually getting out there and risking his health to help those people.

You don't see Pat Robertson out there waste deep in poop water helping people................. :rolleyes:

No, but he was prolly 'praying' for them... well, the white ones anyway.

:think:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Andyman_1970 said:
Or W... The whole world would have given huge props to The Prez if he had just spent two hours in the muck actually helping people.

:dead:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
You mean photo-op?

:thumb:
:rolleyes:
He did more good on his trip than Bush and Cheney did on theirs.

Andyman_1970 said:

Exactly... I think this relates to another discussion we've had - I judge people on their actions, not words (luckily for Penn...)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Slugman said:
:rolleyes:
He did more good on his trip than Bush and Cheney did on theirs.

Exactly... I think this relates to another discussion we've had - I judge people on their actions, not words (luckily for Penn...)

He mobilized more than 60,000 US military troops to the area???

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I'm actually curious why Bush wasn't out handing out food and ice to the citizens like he was last year after the Hurricanes that hit Florida.

Does anyone else remember that?

Could it have been because last year was an election year and if he did go to N.O. there would have been some serious dissent amongst the crowds of people which wouldn't have looked very good for him?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
He mobilized more than 60,000 US military troops to the area???
That's a dumb thing to say. Penn doesn't have troops to mobilize, dork. He's a private citizen who is doing what he can. I don't like his movies, but that doesn't mean that what he is doing in NO isn't valid.

Geez man, think before you post.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Ciaran said:
That's a dumb thing to say. Penn doesn't have troops to mobilize, dork. He's a private citizen who is doing what he can. I don't like his movies, but that doesn't mean that what he is doing in NO isn't valid.

Geez man, think before you post.
then why did he need a personal photographer? :rolleyes:

it was nothing more than a self indulgent photo op

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Inclag said:
I'm actually curious why Bush wasn't out handing out food and ice to the citizens like he was last year after the Hurricanes that hit Florida.
Florida is also the state that Bush's brother, Jeb, happens to be governor of. Family first!