Quantcast

I’m taking a trip to Whistler!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I’m going up the last weekend in august and staying for a week. I’m looking for any information anybody can give me about good places to camp, cheap hotels, things to do, places to ride (XC mostly any level trail maybe a little, yes Brian, Dh) places to eat.
Does anybody know if there is a bus service from the Vancover airport to Whistler village?
?
?
?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Dude if you wanna stay in cheap hotels and ride a bus to the trails you can do that in H-town. Shoot, if you wanna long ride you can take the Greyhound (or whatever) to Huntsville and camp and ride there :D

Just messin' w/ya to give you a bump. Hope you get some good info for yer trip.

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
I would suggest a search of the DH forum, or possible the regional forums...these questions come up over and over and over and over again...

I'll break my own rules and re-answer a question for you: Perimiter bus lines will take you and your bike from YVR to Whistler...trip is approx 2.5hrs each way but with awesome scenery the entire way (once you're outta vancoover)

have fun!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Also, check out the PNW forum...all those monkeys head to Whistler on a weekend basis, and I know several of them prefer to camp. :thumb:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hey thanks all. That bus service thing is pretty helpful. i'm not sure whether i'm renting or what. we might go hiking somewhere before we head up to whistler. the motel i found is on the same block as the gondola that will be running to the basecamp where i will be racing at the end of my trip. So if we just wanted to run trips out of our hotel that way we could just bus it but i'm leaning towards renting so were not tided down and i down wear myself out.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Hey Ton!

I suggest you PM Roasted. He lives in Whistler, and rides XC as well as DH. He can definitely suggest accomodation and the best places to ride other than the bike park. In fact, you could probably do a search and find many of his Whistler posts. Also, there are fantastic XC and DH trails in Squamish, so you may want to consider spending a day there.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Mocha
Hey Ton!

I suggest you PM Roasted. He lives in Whistler, and rides XC as well as DH. He can definitely suggest accomodation and the best places to ride other than the bike park. In fact, you could probably do a search and find many of his Whistler posts. Also, there are fantastic XC and DH trails in Squamish, so you may want to consider spending a day there.
sorry for the really, really late response.

duly noted. i'm really looking forward to it.
and mealsonwheels uh cool!