Quantcast

I <3 (xoxoxo) XO!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
i've been a SRAM guy since about '95 (when my suntour stuff finally crapped out and i couldn't find a replacement rear freehub) but i won't crap all over XTR.
I bought a bike in '96 with Gripshift. I'm still haunted by the horrible experience.......... almost 10 years later. :p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
I bought a bike in '96 with Gripshift. I'm still haunted by the horrible experience.......... almost 10 years later. :p

The grip shift worked great but I like the thumbies better.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
the x-ray stuff (shimano compatible) wasn't that great, but i was not a fan of the triggers, esp after a small spring dislodging rendered my suntour shifters junk.

imo, SRAM finally came into its own w/ the ESP 9.0 stuff (2nd generation ESP). i've used that for a long time. i'm too cheap to shell out the money for the X.0 stuff, but from all accounts i've heard it works great, and i know plenty of friends who were shimano junkies and are now X.0 trigger users.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
the x-ray stuff (shimano compatible) wasn't that great, but i was not a fan of the triggers, esp after a small spring dislodging rendered my suntour shifters junk.

imo, SRAM finally came into its own w/ the ESP 9.0 stuff (2nd generation ESP). i've used that for a long time. i'm too cheap to shell out the money for the X.0 stuff, but from all accounts i've heard it works great, and i know plenty of friends who were shimano junkies and are now X.0 trigger users.
Yeah - I'd probably try out some SRAM triggers when my current set of triggers breaks and I can find them in the bargain bin.

Gripshift was horrid, though.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
The Gripshifters I had worked like ass. Hell, I even got goddam blisters on long rides from those hideous things. :mad:

Really? What with all that 'indoor' shifting practice you were doin' too..?

;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
The Gripshifters I had worked like ass. Hell, I even got goddam blisters on long rides from those hideous things. :mad:
hey XC nancy boy, they make full-fingered gloves to protect yr delicate skin.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I dont understand how i am narcissistic just because i like the way components look? Seriously, if noone cared what parts look like there would be no point in posting pics...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Who cares, it's me? And your avatar is amazing :rolleyes:..I am starting to understand why a lot of guys stay in the DH forum. I&#8217;m not having this discussion. Took a half day and am going out to ride some street. Enjoy flexing your e-muscles&#8230;

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Who cares, it's me? And your avatar is amazing :rolleyes:..I am starting to understand why a lot of guys stay in the DH forum. I’m not having this discussion. Took a half day and am going out to ride some street. Enjoy flexing your e-muscles…
Boy, aren't we a delicate flower today....... :rolleyes:

I'll go a little bit easier on your fragile e-ego, Princess. :p