Quantcast

I <3 You. (new bike) TOP!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Word.

Dude, that is straight BMX with suspension and big tires and a disc brake. I love it the more I look at it!

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Word.

Dude, that is straight BMX with suspension and big tires and a disc brake. I love it the more I look at it!
Haha, Thanks.
Never really thought about it that way, but that does make awhole lot of sense.. It rides like one also.. Still thinking if i should drop the fork a little bit tho.. What u think?

Yep, The Floats are amazing. After going air, never will i go back to coil.. makes life so much easier, just pump it up for a nice stiff ride! No need for messy coil changes.. :lighten:

Weeee. Keep em comming..

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Personally yeah I like my forks slammed, but a lot of people seem to like 4" the best. I like 65-80mm though.

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Personally yeah I like my forks slammed, but a lot of people seem to like 4" the best. I like 65-80mm though.
Yeah, I'm with you on that, I had the float at 60mm when i was riding the chase.. It was Awesome, didn't really feel dialed on the chase tho, the head was still slack.

The TOP however has a steeper head so i might try 70-80mm. Right now at 90, nose tricks are already much easier than the chase. I'm like it. :)

Anyone running 60-80 on the TOP? How does it feel?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Yeah, I'm with you on that, I had the float at 60mm when i was riding the chase.. It was Awesome, didn't really feel dialed on the chase tho, the head was still slack.

The TOP however has a steeper head so i might try 70-80mm. Right now at 90, nose tricks are already much easier than the chase. I'm like it. :)

Anyone running 60-80 on the TOP? How does it feel?
I'm running my TOP with an 80mm 36foat DJ, and it feels perfect.

Attachments

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Thanks Zack, I'll try it with the float at 80mm.
Question tho, whats the 36 float DJ, Is it like a new DJ damper?
Also, did you have to mod the fork to get it to 80mm?

Nope they are not profiles, they are the Hope Pro 2 hubs. Have them front & rear, cheaper altervative to the profile. ")